Brimstone Hill and Cockleshell question.

Attack Dog

I am thinking of taking a taxi from the cruise port to Brimstone Hill. Based on other postings by Liz that will be 20 minutes. How long will it take to tour Brimstone Hill and then Drive to Cockleshell? Also if I have time to visit The Circus how long should I give myself to look around?

I am thinking of taking a taxi from the cruise port to Brimstone Hill. Based on other postings by Liz that will be 20 minutes. How long will it take to tour Brimstone Hill and then Drive to Cockleshell? Also if I have time to visit The Circus how long should I give myself to look around?

Attack Dog...when in April? We are planning on visiting Cockleshell Beach as well.

If you go after we get back, I'd be happy to answer your questions. If you will be there at the same time...we'll probably be hailing the same cab.:D

Ah, A fellow New Mexican. Didn't notice until after I posted.

On second thought, maybe it's not such a good idea to find out if we are on the same cruise. I like to leave what happens on the cruise...on the cruise. I've had a couple times where fellow NM's brought it home and followed me to work. Weirdo's

Not that WE are crazy on the ship, or anything like that.

Just whacko people out there...here...whatever.

DW and I did just this in Jan. Cab was $100 for the whole day. I thought it seemed to take a little longer than 20 min to Brimstone but not much. Well worth the views and the fort was cool (if you like those kind of things). I would say we spent about an hour there. Then the drive to the other end of the island about 45 min. Cockelshell was a nice beach (almost deserted). We shared our spot at the far end of the beach with several cows (4-legged). Did a little snorkleing (ok) saw quite a few starfish. Then back to town with a couples of hours to spend money.

I would plan to send the whole day touring the island.

You can visit Brimstone Hill Fortress http://www.brimstonehillfortress.org take pictures and enjoying the breathtaking views. Then drive to Basseterre and spend 30 minutes walking around The Circus. Longer if you want to shop at Island Hopper. Drive down the southeast peninsula to beautiful Cockleshell Beach. Have a famous Lion's Punch at Lion's Beach Bar and enjoy the view of Nevis. Walk down the beach to see the abandoned Banana Bay Beach Resort. Then have your taxi take you back to the ship.

To view some recent photos of St. Kitts visit http://community.webshots.com/user/3dlefranc

Attack Dog...when in April? We are planning on visiting Cockleshell Beach as well.

If you go after we get back, I'd be happy to answer your questions. If you will be there at the same time...we'll probably be hailing the same cab.:D

Rucruzin it's too late. I have known for several weeks that we are on the same cruise. I noticed you on a different forum originally. I have already secured taxi service with Clement Richardson. In fact I thought about contacting you to see if you would be interested in this tour. I figured that you had your own thing you wanted to do.

Same cab or not we'll probably see each other at Cockleshell Beach. I promise that I'm not wacko. You won't have to worry about me bugging you. Not all New Mexicans are crazy. Besides I'm not even native New Mexican:) . My wife and her family will be with me and they are native New Mexicans. They might bug you:p ;) .

Rucruzin it's too late. I have known for several weeks that we are on the same cruise. I noticed you on a different forum originally. I have already secured taxi service with Clement Richardson. In fact I thought about contacting you to see if you would be interested in this tour. I figured that you had your own thing you wanted to do.

Same cab or not we'll probably see each other at Cockleshell Beach. I promise that I'm not wacko. You won't have to worry about me bugging you. Not all New Mexicans are crazy. Besides I'm not even native New Mexican:) . My wife and her family will be with me and they are native New Mexicans. They might bug you:p ;) .

My husband is native New Mexican, he bugs me a lot...I never put those two together. Thanks:D JK...lol!

We might be interested in sharing a cab, if the offer is still good. We wanted to do the Nevis Catamaran thing...it's even booked, but I'm not sure. We are thinking about doing something different this time.

Did you see the tour we are doing in St Lucia? If you don't have plans, if it sounds like something you all would like to do???

I didn't mean to imply that ALL NM's are whacko...there are whacko's everywhere, but I don't live EVERYWHERE. I'm not native either, just got stuck here, and now it's grown on me. I'm not diggin this snow stuff.

The whole thing was actually meant as a joke but this non-verbal communication thing...it didn't come out that way. Sorry.

Please come join our roll call, we'd love to have you, and your family.

Where do you live?

I understood the comment about New Mexicans being Wacko to be a joke. We only drive wacko it's not our true intention:D .

As far as sharring the cab I would have to talk that one over with everyone. Personally I would be open to it. However, my only concern would be if you wanted to do something different. We are on vacation so we shouldn't have to compromise on what were going to do and then neither one of us gets what we want. Unless you happen to want what we want that may not work.

I don't have much time tonight. But, I will go to the Roll Call and address you directly to continue this conversation when I get a chance.

I noticed that Edgewood has gotten hit hard by the snow storms. All these years I have lived in Rio Rancho and never felt the need for a snow shovel. Now I can't find the darn things anywhere.:mad: This reminds me Kansas or North Dakota.

Archived