Jogging track on Caribbean Princess

teach4s

Does any one know anything about the track on The CP?

I think I read it is only open at certain hours is that correct and if so what times? Any idea how many times around for a mile?

Thanks!

This is from the Patters:

"Sports Deck, Deck 17 Forward is open to joggers and walkers from 8:00 PM to 8:00 AM. It will not be available between 8:00 AM and 8:00 PM. Promenade Deck 7 is available 24 hours to walkers and joggers."

The reason for the limited hours on the track is because during the day the track is covered by lounge chairs. I'm sorry , but I don't remember how many laps to a mile.

I read somewhere that you are unable to go all the way around the Promenade deck; some of it is closed off and you have to turn around. It's not a big deal, but I wondered if that was the case on the Caribbean Princess (I may have picked it up about another ship).

Bobbi

That's true, from a practical standpoint, you can not go all the way around on the same level. At the front of the ship, there is a stairway up to the Emerald Deck, where the walkway continues to the bow of the ship. So, to walk all the way around you must climb and descend a flight of stairs.

But it is worth going up there at least once just for the view.

Here are links to the Princess website and the 2 decks in question:

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_promenade_index.html

http://www.princess.com/ships/cb/deck/cb_emerald_index.html

Bobbi. To add they do close off the front part where it goes up to the Emerald deck in the evenings and when it is really windy. There is a door right there though to cut through the ship near the front elevators to get to the other side to continue your walk.

Thanks! Certainly walking up and down a flight of stairs isn't going to kill me - burns off a few more calories from the Love Boat Dream!:D Before 8 am and after 8 pm, we can walk on the jogging track anyway, right?

Bobbi

Has anyone else noticed that the track signs encourage you to go counter-clockwise? I am not an expert, but I think that all track sports are run clockwise.

Sorry, it just messed with my mind on the last cruise. :p

The jogging track on CP is very short, if you're used to jogging/running a lot, you may be very bored, on seadays especially...for early morning runs before 8 a.m. or late ones after 8 p.m. Plus at night a lot of the teens hang out back near the tennis court, big chess set and just in general, so at times there's a lot of traffic interrupting your jog/run. The promenade on deck 7 is the length of the ship but those stairs at the end make it a little more difficult to keep your pace. (Crew had closed off the stairs one time we were trying to take a long walk...what we ended up doing was walking all the decks as far around as we could, it was fun, we got to see a lot of the suites, door decorations, etc. New carpeting on the CP made it especially nice).

• 7 years later...

To be clear. My first cruise ever was on the Carib Princess last year. (awesome and hooked) I thoroughly enjoyed getting up at 6:30 AMish and jogging on the Promenade deck till the sun came up while we headed into the islands and docked. No one on the deck to bother and done when the early risers started to come out. I plan on doing the same on the Island Princess next month but now I'm wondering, is it ok to do what I do or am I breaking the rules (or is it frowned upon?)

I'm hoping all is ok and that I didn't unintentionally offend anyone. Say it ain't so....I don't want to stop.

• 4 weeks later...

Bedub, Not frowned upon, and Island Princess's Promenade is all on deck 7 - 0.357 miles (2.8 laps = 1mile). It's almost always open except part of the day when you tender in Grand Cayman and the first night out of Ft. Lauderdale when it was super windy they closed the windward side late at night. Island and her sister Coral are the longest ships in the Princess fleet and were built thin to fit through the Panama Canal.

Edited by Durendal

HMMM.....on the GRAND PRINCESS there are signs posted on the promenade deck, not to jog before the hours of 8:00 am or after 8:00 pm due to the locations of the window suites underneath. Two mornings in a row we had to call the front desk to get them to send someone up to enforce the rules as the noise was enough to wake us. Now, we knew beforehand the promenade deck was overhead when we booked the suite, but we were informed, when booking, there were regulations as to when it could be used. Since the CP has these same suites in a similar location, I wonder if there are rules as to the times of jogging on the promenade deck of this ship. The signs were small, and I wonder if most people even knew of their existence.

I just read a recent review and it said that the running track was replaced by the sanctuary. Not sure if thats after 8am or what...?

Original post was in 2004 and described the rules that existed 8 years ago.

Yes, the running track was taken away when the Sanctuary was installed.

• 1 year later...
HMMM.....on the GRAND PRINCESS there are signs posted on the promenade deck, not to jog before the hours of 8:00 am or after 8:00 pm due to the locations of the window suites underneath. Two mornings in a row we had to call the front desk to get them to send someone up to enforce the rules as the noise was enough to wake us. Now, we knew beforehand the promenade deck was overhead when we booked the suite, but we were informed, when booking, there were regulations as to when it could be used. Since the CP has these same suites in a similar location, I wonder if there are rules as to the times of jogging on the promenade deck of this ship. The signs were small, and I wonder if most people even knew of their existence.

We were on the Caribbean Princess for 17 days New England and reposition back to Houston. Our only complaint was the early morning joggers - one morning as early as 4:30 am. The suites are nice and private but the heavy joggers were very noisy. I do not fault the joggers as there were no sign such as walking only during specified hours. We didn't mind the walkers. We called the front office but they were not very responsive. Our neighbors thanked us for doing so. I would think signs would be put up by .Princess.