O/T - Sally or Tom? Help w/hotel...

melis74

Hello there! My DH & I have been to Cozumel twice while cruising(and love it I might add!), now we will be there for 5 days for my brothers wedding. They are getting married at The Reef Club, I have read mixed reviews about this place...can either of you offer any input?

Thank you in advance!

Melissa

NCL Sun 09/02
RCCL Mariner of the Seas 05/04
CCL Fascination 09/04...

The Reef Club gets mixed reviews in my book as well. It's an all inclusive, which works well for some (especially big drinkers) but can limit the number of trips you take into town. Why eat at a restaurant when the food is already included? Well, for one thing, the food in town will be MUCH better than the food at the Reef Club. Also, you cannot come to Cozumel, hang out at your hotel, fly home and say you've been to Mexico.

My preference has always been to stay at a hotel either on the north end or in town, that DOESN'T include everything. This forces you to do more exploring, and gives you the opportunity to experience the real Cozumel. Also you can eat, eat, eat a better quality and variety of foods.

The Reef Club itself is a nice hotel, the beach is also nice. But, it's about a $12 cab ride into town each way, and there's no good snorkeling nearby. On the other hand, the Reef Club has been known to offer some incredibly good price packages... and they are hard to turn down, so the cab fare is easily covered by the savings.

Hmmm... I did warn you my review would be mixed, right?

Congratulations to your brother and his bride and, to all the wedding guests: Enjoy!

Since we opened 9 months ago we've had more than a few people wander over from th Reef Club to have lunch here, 'cause they were not thrilled with the food over there. The last couple I talked to also complained that the beach area was very rocky.
Here are some more mixed reviews for you!: [url]http://travelnotes.cc/reviews/view_review2.php?location_id=1&cat_name=Hotels&item_name=Reef+Club&item_id=38&cat_id=1&ratings_val=1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9[/url]

Thank you so much for the responses! I have told my brother about the less than desirable reviews I have read and now the ball is in his court. If they still decide to go there we will also go there to be close to the family.

In our past two trips to Cozumel via cruising we enjoyed wandering around on our own. The 1st time we went to Chankanaab then into town and the 2nd time we went diving w/Eagle Ray and then into town. We asked our cabbie the 1st time to recommend a restaurant and then the 2nd time we asked chellie from ERD and she recommended the same one we went to the 1st time, it was pretty funny...La Choza, sp?! Very good both times!

I definitely agree that we need to leave the resort to fully enjoy Cozumel. I would love to get everyone to Paradise Beach as I hear so much about it on the boards. I'm sure that we will go diving w/ERD again, possibly even get certified this trip. I wouldn't mind trying some of the other restaurants I have read about on here either...so I definitely see us spending more $$ even though we will be at an all-inclusive...keeping the family happy.

Thanks again!!!

Archived