4 sisters, 64,57,57,49 sharing a room!

MLJ57

We did this yearly when we first started cruising and wouldn't trade those memories for a million bucks. I lost one of my dear sisters and we haven't been on a sisterly cruise since then. It just wouldn't be the same without her! We always took an inside room with bunks to save on money and had the best times ever. I am the youngest of 4 sisters and always got picked on. Nothing changed on a cruise. They even brought squirt guns to use on me if I went to sleep first. I always took the top bunk to try and stay out of reach but they managed to get me anyways. Oh what memories you just brought up by posting this! Have a great time and cherish the time you have together.

What wonderful times and memories and I'm sure your sister would have wanted you to keep up the tradition with your other sisters.

My sister and I just started cruising together this last year and have taken 2 so far. We figured to take the best value cabin for our money in order to take 2 cruises a year as you never know when something happens to one of us when we can't do it any longer. Our next sister cruise is for November this year. We try to stay within $100 a day per person (not including tips or excursions). I'm glad to see others are doing this so I don't feel as guilty about living the DH behind.

Amen. I wish I had a sister. (One who I got along with, of course.) :p

Don't worry about any negative responses. You are lucky to have sisters and to all be able to go on a cruise together. Have a great time and make the most of your trip.

Wait--you were able to book the cabin a cabin which only sleeps 3 for 4 people? I know on Carnival even their Quad cabins can accomodate 5 with a rollaway. They're larger, though. But, I'm not sure about Princess. I wonder what they had in mind when they booked a cabin for the four of you which usually sleeps only three passengers. Maybe an upgrade? ;)

Yes, I will post a report on our trip! I think I am going to send a Fax to customer service and ask about 4 people in a room with 3 beds. It should be a fire hazard bringing in one more bed to that small room.

We will enjoy!

What wonderful times and memories and I'm sure your sister would have wanted you to keep up the tradition with your other sisters.

My sister and I just started cruising together this last year and have taken 2 so far. We figured to take the best value cabin for our money in order to take 2 cruises a year as you never know when something happens to one of us when we can't do it any longer. Our next sister cruise is for November this year. We try to stay within $100 a day per person (not including tips or excursions). I'm glad to see others are doing this so I don't feel as guilty about living the DH behind.

I am able to cruise frequently, but my oldest sister had raised 7 kids and never went ANYWHERE for a vacation in her life except camping!!! NEVER. Last year, we inherited a small amount of money....about enough for airfare to San Juan and a nice minisuite! I asked if she would like to do this and she cried. So last April, we flew to San Juan. The trip was amazing! To see it through the eyes of a newbe. She is 64 years old and had never been in a cab! As a big sister, she helped with me when I was a baby. This was my way of giving back to her!

Enjoy your cruise! Enjoy your sisters!

Janet

My three sisters and myself will be taking our first cruise together this fall. I have cruised many times but they have not. I know that this trip will be a wonderful experience. We live in different parts of the country(N.Mex., Texas and Illinois) and it is hard to get together all the time. We will have two cabins as I feel if we shared one it would really be fun but quite chaotic.

Enjoy all the cruises you take whether it be with sisters, family or friends. It is a wonderful time to share.

Thanks for all the encouraging thoughts! I know we will be fine. Looking forward to the sun! I did send an email to customer service, have not heard back yet. We booked through Princess online, so no travel agent to go through. We are in Cabin A734, not A742. My husband and I were in A742 last January. I will let you know if there are any changes.:)

Well, that is good to hear that the Cabin you booked was A734 instead of 742which you originally had listed, I have done that same thing before and listed our previous cabin on the same ship instead of the one recently booked. At least in 734 there will be a third bunk. You had me a bit concerned there for a moment. LOL

Have a great cruise, and please tell us all about it when you return.

Thank you Aunti Em....................I will reply and tell you the story of the four sisters sent out sea with all the provisions needed for their stay in one room. Such a worrry. God help us if the virus attachs! That would be quite the story! Life is to short to worry about small inconveiniances. No one in our party of four have to work, cook, clean, do laundry , make our bed, or serve a meal for one whole week. Oh I forgot, yell at the dog or clean the kitty litter box! I am going to be on a real vacation again! I will miss talking to my four kids and daily arguments over the crossword puzzle and the news with my husband. I am so lucky so be able to have this trip!

It sounds like you are close sisters and you have done it before. So, why not do it again?

I could NOT personally imagine in the same room with four adults. If they were my relatives, I would scream, leave the room and sleep on a deck chair. YIKES

I am sure you and your sisters will be fine.

Archived