Just off the Valor - did the Dolphin Encounter in Roatan!!!

We did the Dolphin Encounter, which we booked through the Valor. There were 9 of us - we LOVED this excursion. We took an air-conditioned shuttle to Anthony's Key Resort, then a small boat through a small bay to get to the dolphins. The 9 of us were able to stay in one group with a trainer. We went into the water about waist deep and we were able to interact with the dolphins, kiss, pet, hold, hug, etc. The dolphins did a show while we were in the water. They took pictures of us, then we were able to take our own pictures with the dolphins. We were in the water with them for about 30 minutes which was quite a long time. Our dolphin had a baby dolphin that kept coming over to us. It was great. If you take this excursion, you won't be disappointed. We bought their CD at the end of our encounter.

Thank you for sharing. My sister's main goal on our Valor cruise is to swim with the dolphins. Do you know how the one on Roatan compares to Costa Maya? There seems to be a price difference but I wasnt' sure what the real difference was.

I'd love to see your pictures!

I have no idea how they would compare, but I can't imagine it being much better than what we did. I think some of the dolphin swims include you being pushed in the water by the dolphin - we didn't have that, which was o.k. with all of us. What we did do was just fantastic. I'd love to send pictures, but don't have a clue how to do it. My DSIL does, and he was with us, maybe I'll ask him to post them here. I'm sure your sister won't be disappointed with this excursion. If she wants quite a bit of time, real close up with the dolphins, she'll get it here.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived