Changing dinning times?

mommybunny21

We did this last week on the Zuiderdam when we found we were scheduled for 8:30 dinner instead of the 8:00 we requested. You can ask at the front desk or in your Daily Program it will list "Dining Room Reservation Confirmations". For us it was scheduled from 1:00 - 3:30 p.m. in the Explorer's Lounge. You show up and are given a number. The numbers are called in order for each person to talk to the maitre d or assistant. It was a painful wait - take a book! Or make sure you show up at 1:00 to get a low number... We did eventually get our time changed.

• 4 months later...

I booked my mom and I for the late seating dinner because that's what I had last time and I enjoyed not being rushed to dress for dinner. But Mom goes to bed EARLY and says she really wants early seating. I asked the HAL cruise consultant if we could change and he said early seating is already full. He didn't offer anything like putting us on a 'wait list'.

So it sounds like I need to look on the schedule the first day and see about requesting a change? That will be a drag to have to waste hours of cruise time waiting to change, but i"ll do it cause otherwise mom will be asleep before the main course!:(

Archived