transfers at FLL questions..

bryanjaync

Bought the transfers to/from the Lauderdale airport to the pier through Celebrity. Can someone describe the process step by step....my elderly parents are sailing on the Connie on 3/12. Want to prepare them. For example....at the airport, do you tip the persons who put your bags on the bus.....how much ?....when arriving at the pier, do you retake possession of your bags or do they just go directly to the ship....do you tip anyone ? Thanks

Bought the transfers to/from the Lauderdale airport to the pier through Celebrity. Can someone describe the process step by step....my elderly parents are sailing on the Connie on 3/12. Want to prepare them. For example....at the airport, do you tip the persons who put your bags on the bus.....how much ?....when arriving at the pier, do you retake possession of your bags or do they just go directly to the ship....do you tip anyone ? Thanks

If you have purchased transfers from the cruise line, you will be met at baggage claim by a representative from Celebrity and there will be people who collect bags and put them on the bus to the port. It is not necessary to tip them unless you want to. If your cabin tags are on the bags there is no necessity to collect them at the ship. They will go directly to the ship and to the cabin.

When your parents arrive in Fort Lauderdale they will have to claim their baggage from the carousel. They then have the option of renting a cart ($3. I believe) and transporting the luggage out to the bus/truck or paying a baggage handler to do it for them. I believe the suggested tip is $2 per bag but for elderly people it is well worth the money and this is what I would suggest you recommend they do. There will be a Celebrity rep to assist them getting on the bus.

Archived