Alaska...

cellotaxi

Hi, My mother and I just got off the vision of the seas (we just did a back to back with the monarch) and we loved the the Vision. I personally thought thi was the best vacation I have ever been on. I would love to do the Vision again (and soon lol) but I did not want to do the same thing right away, so I was thinking we should do the Alaskan Cruise, but they are so expensive. I have never really followed the prices that well for the Alaskan Cruises, so I was wondering do they ever go down in price? I really want to do this (It would be the week after graduation, which would be a great present). Any information will be helpful, I have been on 4 cruises, and im only 17, and I really would like to do this alaskan cruise. I have estimated that for a week, it will be about 3,000 dollars for an inside cabin (including air). Do you think that this is a good price for alaska? Im going to offer to pay 1,000 dollars becasue that is how much I would like to go on this cruise. Thanks in advance for all of your help. :D

We had such an amazing time on our Alaskan cruise a couple of years ago that we are taking our kids on an Alaskan cruise in May on the Radiance. Including air, hotel the night before, insurance, all taxes and port charges, and a three day land tour after the cruise, the per person price for an inside cabin is less than the $3000 you mentioned. Call RCCL or check out some of the Alaskan cruises on their web site. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Check out the Alaskan board for questions. They can help you out more over there:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

The conversion to american funds - I don't know if $3000 is good or not!

If you are interested check out this cruise from Royal Caribbean.

May 26, 2007

Round Trip from Vancouver

Serenade of the Seas (Radiance class ship)

7 nights

Oceanview decks 2-7

There are senior rates available (55+). If you or anyone you are sailing in a cabin with are this age or older, everyone gets the discount. These discounts have been available for awhile so check to see if they are still up on the website.

If you are American though, it may cost more to fly into Vancouver. You could fly into seattle and drive up though or I think there is a train as well from what I've heard. I guess it would be easierto leave from there tho!

Hi, , so I was thinking we should do the Alaskan Cruise, but they are so expensive. I have never really followed the prices that well for the Alaskan Cruises,

I booked the Vision for Alaska in July '06 and paid $599 pp inside. It has gone steady up to $999. It seems the trick is to book as earily as possible for Alaska.

Went to Alaska last May on the Radiance and had an outside cabin. We went the very first week they were starting cruising in Alaska, so it was a little chilly but hey it's Alaska!!!:D One week outside cabin, air Miami/Vancouver/Anchorage/Miami, train from Seward to Anchorage, car rental from Anchorage to Denali, two nights in motel near Denali -- total $3,000 pp. So it was an almost two week vacation and it was worth every single penny. I think the cruise alone was $1029 pp - air $850 -- what costs a lot are the excursions. Spent over $400 to go in helicopter to top of glacier to do dogsledding -- worth it:D

Thanks for all the information. I think I may forgot to mention that it would be around 1500 p.p, so 3000 dollars total. I want the best deal, and I think this may be as cheap as they will go. I really would like to go before july, becasue some of the workers who i became friends with contracts expire in july, so i want to see them again. RCCL has the best service ever, no other cruise line comes close!;)

Archived