The Dolphin Parking Lot? Galveston

Riley's Mom

We used them back in 2003. They have covered parking if you get there early enough. It was first come, first served back then, and I assume it still is. They are a little more expensive than the others (Lighthouse, EZ Cruise) but again, they offer covered parking. It's very close to the pier. It's on the same street just down a few blocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

We just recently used parking at 81st & Dolphin for a 4 day cruise.

This is most definately something that will not be done again.

This first thing is no 'extreme violations' by any means, just a thing or two which I found to annoyances.

The woman driver was polite & made small talk while en route, asking if any had taken a cruise before. Friendly enough. But, went on to speak of her own cruise experience which included, "I took a cruise on my honeymoon, but was pregnant, so I was seasick a lot."

Place in the vehicle on an enoumous cardboard sign that reads something along the lines of, "Drivers are paid by tips only, gratuity is appreciated."

The following is the major reason I or my family will not use this business again.

Although I am unsure about regulations regarding seat belts for these types of passenger vehicles, the passenger van had several non-working seat belts.

I alerted the driver of this, concerned that myself & children could not locate the belt fasteners, shoved down in the seats.

This was apparently a blow to his machismo, and he had a bad attitude with me about it. He tried to get the first seat belt uncrammed, to no avail. He smirked as I told him to nevermind, as there were two other non-family members all the way in the back, surely not wanting to be held up any longer. He actually sid to me that seat belts, "Were not needed."

He did however, utilize his.

With this, and his smirking calvelier attitude...I informed him that I had for 4 years, working in the ER at UTMB, got a first hand look, frequently, at what people look like in an accident where seatbelts were not used, having taken a trip through the windshield.

Anyone reading this that has themselves worked in a similar environment will agree with me that in each case, cosideration will have to be made as to whether or not to have an open casket for the individual's funeral.

I normally would not have argued or enganged in this way, but was so taken aback.

Never again with these folks.

• 5 years later...

Archived