Laundry Specials

shey

I'll be taking my first cruise this September so I apologize now if I'm asking a stupid question.

I know the Galaxy does not have self service laundry facilities, and I have found the laundry prices per item on the Celebrity website. But a friend of mine that cruises regularly (though never on X), says they'll be laundry specials on board. She said most of the ships she's been on will run a special like "everything you can fit in this bag for $10". Is there anything like this on Celebrity?

In all of our 23 cruises on Celebrity they have never offered any laundry specials. You would think that if they were going to do this it would be on the longer cruises. We rarely cruise for less than 10 days and mostly book 14 or more days.

Which itinerary did they offer the Mercury laundry special on? It sure would be nice for those transatlantic cruises!

Char: We are also Elite members with Celebrity and if we had cruised with Princess as many times as we have cruised with Celebrity there would be no charge for laundry or dry cleaning. I have E mailed celebrity asking them why they can't at least equal Princess. The only reply that I received was that they would forward my request to someone. Big deal. Their new coupon books are a joke. Marvin

Char: We are also Elite members with Celebrity and if we had cruised with Princess as many times as we have cruised with Celebrity there would be no charge for laundry or dry cleaning. I have E mailed celebrity asking them why they can't at least equal Princess. The only reply that I received was that they would forward my request to someone. Big deal. Their new coupon books are a joke. Marvin

Hey Marvin :D

If we had cruised as many times with Princess we would also get free internet!

I agree, the new coupon books are worthless. You have to buy something to redeem them. Nothing free!

I also mention on the comment card the lack of perks for their loyal customers.

Hey Marvin :D

If we had cruised as many times with Princess we would also get free internet!

I agree, the new coupon books are worthless. You have to buy something to redeem them. Nothing free!

I also mention on the comment card the lack of perks for their loyal customers.

was offered on our Summit cruise to Hawaii in Dec. 2006. I can't recall the price as I did not use it, but it was offered near the end of the cruise, and was about $ 20.

We are taking 2 long cruises this year and will definitely use the special if it is offered.

Just returned from a 10 night Southern on Galaxy. One year there was some sort of special at the end of the cruise 1/2 price special. I guess they did away with that. No specials offered at all this cruise. I spent over $200 on laundry this trip, of course that was my choice to do so. I don't like to come home with a lot of dirty clothes and I like to get DH's suits cleaned after he's done with them. The price is the same as home and a heck of a lot more convenient. Be careful, I sent a T-shirt with sparkles on it to be washed and it came back san sparkles. They use some strong stuff!

I hope a laundry special is available on our Alaskan cruise in Sept. This is the first time we've had to fly for a cruise, so I'm really trying to scale down the packing. It's harder for Alaska because of climate issues - and I don't ever remember packing any jeans for a cruise before.

In all of our 23 cruises on Celebrity they have never offered any laundry specials. You would think that if they were going to do this it would be on the longer cruises. We rarely cruise for less than 10 days and mostly book 14 or more days.

Which itinerary did they offer the Mercury laundry special on? It sure would be nice for those transatlantic cruises!

We were on the 10-day Mexican Riviera Cruise this year.

Archived