Infinity shore excursions, help!

sea glass

Hi, Is there anyone out there who can advise us on shore excursions in Alaska. We will be on the Infinity in July. I have been on many ships;however, I have never been to Alaska. Also, our friends will be traveling with us and this is their first cruise. We all have no idea about what to consider for shore excursions. My husband is not happy about the trip because he prefers the Carribean. Any advise?

Go to the Ports of Call board and scroll to Alaska. There is a wwealth of information there. many people ask that same question so do a search or read all of the threads of that same question.

Marilyn

Hi, Is there anyone out there who can advise us on shore excursions in Alaska. We will be on the Infinity in July. I have been on many ships;however, I have never been to Alaska. Also, our friends will be traveling with us and this is their first cruise. We all have no idea about what to consider for shore excursions. My husband is not happy about the trip because he prefers the Carribean. Any advise?

As well as the Alaska thread have a look at the Roll Call for your cruise as Alaska often gets repeat cruisers and read some of the Reviews posted on the Cruise Critic site (click home page to get to them)

If it is any comfort after 5 trips in the Carribean it was my 50th and I told DH it was going to be Alaska (oh he did not look happy) - well he loved it and said he was so glad I have taken him out of his comfort zone. He has since also done the Baltics. We started from the point of ok outside it is going to be different but the things you like at night are going to be the same. I also made sure he had his trusty fleecy jacket with him so he was outside just loving Hubbard. He quickly replaced cool beers and cocktails with warming spirits.

As for excursions look at Captain Larry - Orca Enterprises (you will find lots of posts on the Alaska board). Absolutely brilliant. The thing about Alaska - you cannot keep your eyes away from the shoreline (bear watching) or the sea (whalewatching) all day.

FYI our excursions were

Juneau Captain Larry Whalewatching and a Helicopter Glacier Landing with Temsco - both parts including transport between booked with Orca Enterprises

Skagway - Skagway Extravaganza booked through the ship - Drive up to Fraser, train back down White Horse Pass, trip to Liarsville Re enactment camp with Salmon Bake then trip to Red Onion Saloon in town

Icy Strait Point - Bear watching walk. In ISP there are veryfew private trip vendors, we booked through the ship and had a lovely 3 hour trip where we did see a bear. Great little place, best fish and chips ever on the shoreside overlooking the boat and the bay - whales playing around in the bay

Ketchikan - Float plane with Island Wings booked direct over to Misty Fjord - beautiful; then we booked with Lois Classic Cars for a few hours drive round to see Totem and other out of the way sights in her lovely Chevvy

Hope this helps

Archived