Camp Carnival

lauriedun

Does anyone know how strict camp carnival is with their age groupings? My daughter will be three weeks from her 6th birthday when we cruise, and I would really like her to be with her 8 year old sister (with the 6-8 year olds versus the 3-5 year olds). Will they refuse us, and if so, can we lie about her age or will they check????

You can't lie about her age because date of birth is compared to her birth certificate (passport) upon boarding.

In Camp Carnival, many of the activities are together. You won't need to lie. My 6 year old and my 2 year old had access to each other most of the time. The only time my 2 year old couldn't go with her sister was when the older kids went to a party out of the camp or to a show at the theatre.

When you get there, pending on the activity, just talk to the counselors and see if they would include your daughter for that event if it is out of the camp and away from the other sibling.

We were on the Miracle in August. My DD was 11, with a birthday on Nov 14th. On this cruise, they allowed a three month leeway. I would not count on this though. From what I hear, the Camp Carnival supervisor has the last say, and they may or may not let you.

There is no way to lie, unless you fake her birth certificate(which I would not suggest).

Archived