Freedom clean shave ?

tracico

We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in June and my husband would love to visit Clean Shave on the promonade. Has anyone done this and if so, what kind of shaves do they give? My husband wants the type with the hot towels. Also, what is the charge for this?

IMHO this is the biggest waste of space on the ship. Why not offer that service in the salon or spa...why do you need premium space in the promenade???

Also...you're on display - now I'm not a guy..so maybe it's a woman thing...but I would hate to be in a salon on display in the promenade.

Again IMHO - this will be the first thing to go.

:( threeofus---i personally cannot wait to see Clean Shave. my father is a barber and has been for over 50 years, he's 81. the shave with the straight edge razor is truly an art form...the barber/artist is on "display" not the client.

i do not think it is a waste of space at all...:(

anyway, i hope you enjoy your cruise.:)

:) tracico---my father always uses a hot towels as it softens the skin, etc in prep for the close shave. it is a wonderful service to have done! your dh will be spoiled, LOL enjoy!

have a wonderful cruise!:)

. the shave with the straight edge razor is truly an art form...

imagine this kind of shave on a cruise ship--- not for my honey- I asked if he wanted one for our upcoming cruise-- and he looked at me like I was crazy. On Princess the straight edge was costing 80 bucks but yeah-- at least he would get the hot towle treatment. I dont know what the price is on royal

depends on the type of establishment you go to. they range from mom n' pop shops to upscale gentlemens salons...anywhere from $20-100. also, depends on what type of creams and potions will be involved. it really is something that not everyone can do and not all barber shops offer it. i love watching it get done, even to this day.

i hope that answers your question!!!:)

Personally, I think it's a great idea. Just like women have been paying enormous amounts of money for years for skin treatment, why not let the guys have a turn?

I was a barber/stylinst for 15 years, retired from the business 12 years ago. My husband is still a barber/stylist and has been for 30 years. While we didn't do shaves in our shop, it was just an expense people weren't willing to pay, I can see it making a come-back.

It's not just a shave, that would be like comparing a facial to washing your own face. There are the hot towels, the massage (if you have a good barber) the tonics, the relaxation of it. If the barber is a good one, you really have no risk of injury while being shaved.

While I was in barber college I loved to do shaves and had a fairly large clientele of shave only patrons. It was not only relaxing for the client, I found it relaxing for me as well.

LOL...you guys are a riot. The shop was doing very well, IMO. The guys in there were getting skin treatments, massages, shaves, haircuts and I saw ladies getting cuts in there, too. The men were purring, I swear! I think the first thing to go will be the "Book Nook". never saw anything happen there.

Whats wrong with us guys having a little pampering?

I agree completely with Happy KS. If you get a good barber, it can be very relaxing.

Down here in Orlando its about $25 without the tip. When you consider my regular barber charges $15 without the tip, I think its reasonable because you are getting more personable service.

So what if we are display? I don't mind people watching.

Just another thing to add to the list of things to do when we go in July.

Well I don't see anything wrong with pampering men or women. In fact I think it's great .....but the spas I've been to for facials have private rooms not huge display windows.

Not saying they shouldn't offer the service...just saying it doesn't belong on the promenade...and not in full view.

:( the shave with the straight edge razor is truly an art form..

At least the art at the art auction lasts more than 4 hours. I just hope the person who spends $80 on a shave isn't the one complaining about $40 for the drink cup or the $20 cover in the restaurants.

Maybe they should move it off the promenade and do it in the boxing ring when it isn't being used :)

say what you want...an art form to one is just another job title to another. people spend loads on cuban cigars and they are gone in a puff:D , people spend loads on cruises and they are temporary, people spend a bundle on a lot of things that are temporary...different strokes for different folks...:) nothing wrong with it.:)

Archived