Grandeur of the seas gurus needed...

I was just on the ship in January. It is a really pretty ship. Much pretier than the Carnival Fantasy that also sails out of New Orleans IMO. As far as which room to get, I would try to stay as near to the rear-most bank of elevators because this is where the centrum is. Going through the centrum every time you need to get somewhere on the ship gives you a much better appriciation of the ship. This area is very pretty. As far as deck 7, you should be fine. Just make sure you dont have a lounge under you. we were in room 7654 which is an aft Jr Suite and just over the south pacific lounge. it did get quite loud at night.

Hello,

I also will be on this cruise in 36 days. It can't get here soon enough. 7th floor also.

Have fun

Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle? We need 1 more person to register and we will be confirmed. Also check out our roll call.

Sheryl

I will be in 7074 in 36 days. I will be watching this post also. If no information is given before I get back, I will give you all the details when I return.

Sheryl

Thanks so much, I will be looking forward to your reviews and must dos and room information!! :)

36 days... I will be crazy excited when I am that close... I still have 8 months to go, and I am excited to no end... I might get annoying to all friends and family when I mention the cruise in every conversation... LOL ;)

We were relatively close to Cabin 7056.

Cabin 7056 is on the Port side of the vessel. We were on the Starboard side of the vessel basically right across and a few cabins aft of Cabin 7056 twice. Our first cruise we were in Cabin 7578 and just recently in Cabin 7560.

Go to RCI's website and you can get a good look at their deck plan for the Grandeur of the Seas. Look on Deck 7 and you will be able to locate the 3 cabins we are talking about.

Cabins 7560 and 7578 are identical. They are both veranda cabins. The room is OK in size but smaller than some veranda's we have had on other cruise lines. Balcony was maybe 6 foot from door to railing at most and width of cabin naturally. Balcony had a 2 foot square plastic table and 2 plastic chairs. Comfortbale but you probably have better at home. They meet the basic needs of the balcony and are comfortable to sit in for a half hour or so. Longer sitting than that they become uncomfortable. When you are sitting in the chairs the balcon wooden rail top is almost at eye level and obstructs your view of the horizon some what. Any way for some one my height it did.

Bedding and sofa when we were on the Grandeur during it's relocation cruise from Baltimore to New Orleans were worn out and in need of replacement. They will be replaced during dry dock when vessel leaves New Orleans.

Storage shelves for clothing is minimal at best. It is triangular in shape and does not fit clothing easily. There are 4 or 6 drawers for storage as well. But we used them for T-Shirts and Shorts and the misc. stuff that you pack. Bottom line you could use more and better shelf storage space for your folded clothing and socks. We have had better with other cruise lines.

We enjoyed both cabins and you should also enjoy Cabin 7056 on the Port side. The 3 cabins we are speaking of are basically towards the middle of the vessel and ride well in choppy waters.

Enjoy your balcony and cruise. Forget worrying about the cabin as it will be fine.

Does anyone know if the Grandeur has been docking in cozumel by carlos and charlies or tendering?! We will be on the 2-24-7 sailing! Thanks!

Hi,

We tendered on 2/10 sailing. The EOS and a Princess were docked near C&C. They used 300 passenger tenders from port. There was no tender tickets needed after about 1 hour.

Keith

Does anyone know if the Grandeur has been docking in cozumel by carlos and charlies or tendering?! We will be on the 2-24-7 sailing! Thanks!

Hi,

We tendered on 2/10/sailing. The EOS and a Princess were docked near C&C's. Tendering was done by 300 passenger tenders so it was open tendering after about 1 hour of being cleared. Have fun!

Keith

Hi,

We tendered on 2/10/sailing. The EOS and a Princess were docked near C&C's. Tendering was done by 300 passenger tenders so it was open tendering after about 1 hour of being cleared. Have fun!

Keith

We just returned form the 2/10 sailing as well. We stayed in cabin 7577. Inside cabin right next to the Centrum. Bad mistake. Live music and piped in music alternating 24/7. Shot up the Centrum from deck 4 like a funnel!!! Stay away from cabins near the Centum from deck 4 and up. Otherwise very nice ship and the service was the best we have had in our 10 past cruises. We had great weather in the ports, but the days @ sea were not as good. Have fun.

• 2 months later...
Has anyone been in aft 7650? I saw a picture of the balcony and it looks wonderful. Any opinions woudl be appreciated. Will the music from the club be that loud that it will disturb you late into the night?

I stayed in aft 7654, and yea, it does get a bit loud sometimes.

Archived