Things I'll never do again on a cruise...

SC_Sam

I will not let rude obnoxious people ruin my good mood and vacation!

You know the ones who act like they are the only ones who paid for this cruise & the rest of us inferior people are in their way breathing their air!

I will laugh at them & go on with what I'm doing.

Deb

I will not drink the battery acid they call "seattle's best" coffee....I bring my own coffee maker with fresh a brew ...."mikey runs on dunkin'" :)
FYI

WHAT NOT TO PACK: For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard:

• Electric Transformers
  • Irons
  • Coffee Makers
  • Candles
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Flammable liquids and explosives, such as fireworks

FYI

WHAT NOT TO PACK: For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed onboard:

• Electric Transformers
  • Irons
  • Coffee Makers
  • Candles
  • Illegal Drugs
  • Flammable liquids and explosives, such as fireworks

Darn, I was hoping to bring my fireworks on with me for a post 4th of July show.....:p

DH and I will NOT ever again be contestants in the Love and Marriage Game when we're doing a family reunion cruise and his entire family is sitting in the audience. TMI!!!

I will not step off the ship without at least SOME money in my pocket! (At least enough to cover taxi costs!)

I will not EVER try escargot again! One morning sick as a dog is enough!

I will never stay onboard the ship if it is tendered at a port that doesn't "look interesting" from a distance. We did that once, had a nice time on the ship, but felt very envious of folks who enjoyed the port and couldn't stop talking about it. We're DEFINITELY getting off the ship when we sail there this May!

We will NOT take our "newly 21 yr old--Dad I am an adult!!" son on another cruise.

First formal night, he came stumbling back to the cabin at 4 AM, very intoxicated, spent the next two hours monopolizing the "john". Then slept till 4 the next day.

Did I also mention that he had lost his Seapass card. (I had to go to the pursers desk at 4:30 in the morning to get it cancelled and a new one issued)

The next day when he was coherent, he said that he had only had 4 drinks, and could not understand why he was so drunk. When I asked him what he had been drinking, he said that his new female friends had introuduced him to a great drink called "Long Island Iced Tea".:eek:

I guess that explained it all. He did not drink anything for the ret of the cruise and was a pretty sorry and embarassed puppy for a few days. I still won't let him forget this whenever he tries the line "Dad I am an adult".

Hypo

My husband will never wear his wedding ring snorkeling ever again! Because his first one is sitting at the bottom of Trunk Bay :rolleyes:

He had it for only 3 days when he lost it on our honeymoon cruise..... for the rest of the vacation he would whisper under his breath.... "My precious precious!" Hee! At least we could laugh about it, and we got a replacement for a good price at St. Maarten.

I will not pack all my clothes on the last night except for my little nightie and forget to leave clothes out the next morning and thus have to wear my husband's boxers and shirt off the ship and then get dressed waiting for the taxi.

:eek: LOL

Touch the hand rails on the stairs and get sick the next to last day of the cruise, and puke my guts out for 24 hours. Miss the next 2 weeks of work, while developing a first name relationship with the "John".

Sorry, got carried away - don't EVER want to go through that again.

/quote]

Thats the reason why soooooo many people on here have said time and time again, WAsh Wash Wash your hands! They have also said never touch the rails, or buttons in the elevator push with elbow! I washed my hands when I left my cabin and also washed again right before I ate ANYTHING! :rolleyes:

I will not let rude obnoxious people ruin my good mood and vacation!

You know the ones who act like they are the only ones who paid for this cruise & the rest of us inferior people are in their way breathing their air!

I will laugh at them & go on with what I'm doing.

Deb

NEVER EVER ALLOW ANYONE TO UPSET YOU OR RUIN YOUR CRUISE! I just make light of some people that think they are the only ones that matter!

We will NOT take our "newly 21 yr old--Dad I am an adult!!" son on another cruise.

First formal night, he came stumbling back to the cabin at 4 AM, very intoxicated, spent the next two hours monopolizing the "john". Then slept till 4 the next day.

Did I also mention that he had lost his Seapass card. (I had to go to the pursers desk at 4:30 in the morning to get it cancelled and a new one issued)

The next day when he was coherent, he said that he had only had 4 drinks, and could not understand why he was so drunk. When I asked him what he had been drinking, he said that his new female friends had introuduced him to a great drink called "Long Island Iced Tea".:eek:

I guess that explained it all. He did not drink anything for the ret of the cruise and was a pretty sorry and embarassed puppy for a few days. I still won't let him forget this whenever he tries the line "Dad I am an adult".

Hypo

He must be a pretty bid dude, i am 5'7 and weight 135 and 1 knocks me on my A$$! They are good but the after affects are :eek: LMAO!!! I keep telling my DH that after only 1/2 my face gets numb and then my face goes numb! LOL

I'll never leave my book and towel on my deck chair so I can go back to my room to have a glass of the wine I smuggled on board while I use my travel iron to get the wrinkles out of my jeans so I can wear them to formal night.:D

Cute cat. Good post in the spirit of the forum.

I will not waste 20 minutes (and 10 dollars) signing into email on the "high speed" connection. Those emails can wait...Let me soak up more sun!

Amen! As an IT professional, cruise week is an escape from email/cell phones. No criticism intended for those who need those things, but cruise week is my escape week, the world beyond the ship/port does not exist.

I will not drink the battery acid they call "seattle's best" coffee....I bring my own coffee maker with fresh a brew ...."mikey runs on dunkin'" :)

Amen to the Dunkin. My brother just moved to Seattle from New England and he is having Dunkin withdrawal! :D

Never take my debit card as only payment with me to Mexico (Cozumel) especially a far away beach club only to find out my Credit Union as "stopped all charges from Mexico".

My bank didn't seem interested in talking to me about this, but my credit union was great, I told them where I was going and they made the proper notation to my account.

I will NEVER, EVER offer to get a piece of cake for my wife in the Windjammer and then spread some of that hellishly hot wasabi green paste on top of it, telling her it was lime icing....I think it was a full two days before she started talking to me again...and we missed out on lobster night because her mouth was on fire.

Alan

I will never overpack ever again. I will never overpack ever again. I will never overpack ever again. talking it into myself. :rolleyes:

That is the single biggest thing I learned from my cruise. Now I hope the wife remembers it 430 days from now ;)

I will NEVER, EVER offer to get a piece of cake for my wife in the Windjammer and then spread some of that hellishly hot wasabi green paste on top of it, telling her it was lime icing....I think it was a full two days before she started talking to me again...and we missed out on lobster night because her mouth was on fire.

Alan

Do you have a copyright on this tactic Alan or can I tone it down and give it a run? :D

I will never, ever wear another two-piece heavily beaded dress with weak elastic in the waist of the skirt...(think of a heap of beads around your feet!)

Nor will I ever again get a spray-on tan before a cruise...:eek: !

And I will never pass up doing things I really want to do because my family/friends want me to do something different.

Cindy

Archived