Things I'll never do again on a cruise...

SC_Sam

Amen! As an IT professional, cruise week is an escape from email/cell phones. No criticism intended for those who need those things, but cruise week is my escape week, the world beyond the ship/port does not exist.

I wish that were true for my wife and I. And I will not be that table again that everbody looks at for being to happy at dinner.:rolleyes:

I'll never leave my book and towel on my deck chair so I can go back to my room to have a glass of the wine I smuggled on board while I use my travel iron to get the wrinkles out of my jeans so I can wear them to formal night.:D

I nearly spit my drink out my nose. Thank you for that!

I will not waste 20 minutes (and 10 dollars) signing into email on the "high speed" connection. Those emails can wait...Let me soak up more sun!

I agree!!!!

Also I will not let my husband use his cell phone to chat with his mom from the Bahamas for no reason at all! I never want to see that cell bill again!:eek:

It started out with 9 of us and grew to 27 relatives. One of the *witches* :mad: decided that chartering a bus and "blackmailing" everyone into paying for it, instead of flying would be FABULOUS!!! Turned out to be great, because I no longer have to speak to her and her spineless husband.:D

I will not:

• Over pack anymore - it is not necessary to bring every article of summer clothing I own with me just in case. I have been on enough cruises to know what to expect.
  • Go ashore on an island I have been to numerous times and never cared for just in case it's changed. Staying on the ship while in port is not a bad thing.
  • Race to dinner a little early every night just so I can stand outside closed doors waiting for them to open. My table will be there if I don’t go down until the designated time and they are not going to run out of food.
  • Drink multiple yards of blue margaritas at Senior Frogs before having to run over a mile to catch the bus in Cancun to bring us back to the ship cause we forgot to keep track of the time. (The real killer there were the ladies in the seats right behind us on the bus eating their stinky tuna fish sandwiches.)
  • Constantly put things off that appeal to me until the very last day of the cruise. If I want that shirt in the store or to try out the self-leveling pool tables I am just going to do it then and there.
  • Forget that ART AUCTIONS ARE BAD and should be avoided at all costs - I don't like champagne nearly enough to tolerate another one of those.
  • Let anyone ruin my cruise. So what if they are rude enough to push and shove in a buffet line, talk loudly, hog chairs or not dress properly for the dining room? I know that I am better than that and following the rules/guidelines. If they don't have the class to do the same then so be it - there are thousands of other people on that ship for me to focus on.

My husband will never wear his wedding ring snorkeling ever again! Because his first one is sitting at the bottom of Trunk Bay :rolleyes:

He had it for only 3 days when he lost it on our honeymoon cruise..... for the rest of the vacation he would whisper under his breath.... "My precious precious!" Hee! At least we could laugh about it, and we got a replacement for a good price at St. Maarten.

I rarely LOL at posts on these threads, but this one hit home.

While I'm very sorry your husband lost his ring, this is exactly the way my husband would have handled it :D . A great story to be shared all your life.

I also loved the wasabi icing and the beaded skirt posts, too funny!

For me, I'm a terrible buffet snob and once in a great while I let my guard down and go, only to be horribly disappointed once again. From now on, we will eat lunch before boarding the ship and eat in port if the dining room is closed. No more trying to save a few bucks for us.

I'll never again go to a show with voice impersonators. Although good for a laugh and a lot of eye rolls, if they didn't introduce the name of celebrity they are trying to impersonate each time, I would never know who they are impersonating.

I'll never book an interior cabin again......OK, I might if that is the only way to get on a cruise ship :) .

I will not pack all my clothes on the last night except for my little nightie and forget to leave clothes out the next morning and thus have to wear my husband's boxers and shirt off the ship and then get dressed waiting for the taxi.

ROFLMAO!

Thanks for sharing! :D

LL

1. I will never do the Murder Mystery for $50 again...great to do once, but once it's done, that's enough

2. Will never do the Mayan Ruins in 100 degree heat...you have to take a boat and then the bus and then this jeep like thing, and then walk around (with iguanas) in VERY hot weather, with no shade for 2 hours.

My husband will never wear his wedding ring snorkeling ever again! Because his first one is sitting at the bottom of Trunk Bay :rolleyes:

He had it for only 3 days when he lost it on our honeymoon cruise..... for the rest of the vacation he would whisper under his breath.... "My precious precious!" Hee! At least we could laugh about it, and we got a replacement for a good price at St. Maarten.[/qu

Years ago on our first cruise we saw a groom at Labadee on his knees crying in the ocean - begging his new wife's forgiveness for losing his ring.

And all she could say over and over was "this is a bad omen...this is a bad omen"

You made me remember that...I hadn't thought of that in years.

Sounds like you made the best of your situation...and yes you will laugh about this on your 25th anniversary cruise.

Things I will never do again

Drink 8 pinacoladas the first day and wonder why my stomach is so bloated I can't zip up my shorts.

Fall asleep in the solarium so "someone who shall remain nameless" will take a picture of me with my mouth hanging open and make it a screen saver.

Sing like Ethel Merman for karaoke (some people just can't get a joke)

Take more than one "no doze" - and end up shivering and shaking all night

Ok, wasn't going to mention this, but since you're all telling sooo much....

I will NOT try out a new sunscreen and get an allergic reaction that swells up my eyes and makes me have to get a shot in the a$$ in the ship's hospital that really, really hurt and turned one cheek entirely black and blue and made it very painful to sit down for the last 4 days of the cruise.

I'm glad we're not attaching pictures to this thread:eek: :D

I'll never leave my book and towel on my deck chair so I can go back to my room to have a glass of the wine I smuggled on board while I use my travel iron to get the wrinkles out of my jeans so I can wear them to formal night.:D

With a tank top and a baseball cap?

Viv

I don't know what MLM bussinesses are, but my thing not to do again would be to take a city tour of Belize. It really depressed me and I wished we had not seen that part of town. Nothing about the tour was enjoyable and learned what to avoid in Belize next time.

So far its the only excursion I have not enjoyed.

It started out with 9 of us and grew to 27 relatives. One of the *witches* :mad: decided that chartering a bus and "blackmailing" everyone into paying for it, instead of flying would be FABULOUS!!! Turned out to be great, because I no longer have to speak to her and her spineless husband.:D

Oh boy ! ! :eek: Sounds like there is a big story here you haven't told us. Wow! Sounds like Book/Movie material.

I don't know what MLM bussinesses are, ...

MLM - multi-level marketing. Think AMWAY.

OK things I wouldn't do again...

1. I won't get married on a beach again, halfway through the cruise! (that should make DW happy!) :D

2. I won't eat so much at dinner time, that by 11:00 PM I'm so tired (and full), I just want to go to bed missing out on the midnite buffets (oh goodie - a chance to eat again!) :D

Years ago on our first cruise we saw a groom at Labadee on his knees crying in the ocean - begging his new wife's forgiveness for losing his ring.

And all she could say over and over was "this is a bad omen...this is a bad omen"

You made me remember that...I hadn't thought of that in years.

Sounds like you made the best of your situation...and yes you will laugh about this on your 25th anniversary cruise.

Hahahaha bad omen! Poor guy. I actually lost my engagement ring a few months before the wedding and a few times I thought "this is a bad omen". But some wise people in my life told me never place importance in material things, they have no spiritual weight in real life. Luckily I found my ring, and it definitely helped to laugh instead of cry over hubby's ring :D

I will never, ever wear another two-piece heavily beaded dress with weak elastic in the waist of the skirt...(think of a heap of beads around your feet!)

Nor will I ever again get a spray-on tan before a cruise...:eek: !

And I will never pass up doing things I really want to do because my family/friends want me to do something different.

Cindy

Why not the quick tan? I was thinking of getting one.:confused:

Crusinhappy - the tan looked fabulous when I boarded the ship for my seven-day cruise. But two-days' worth of salt water made the tan start wearing away , leaving big blotchy areas of my white, white skin showing through:eek: , especially in places I didn't readily notice - behind my knees, the backs of my arms, etc. I ended up scrubbing my skin raw to get the stuff off. I've since discovered that the towelette tanning things work best for me...

I'll never ever get a spray tan again!!!

Cindy

Archived