Emerald Princess rooms

5Stringer

You're in luck, I bookmarked a link to some great photos a recent cruiser took of the Crown princess - sister ship to the Emerald. I'm going on the Emerald myself and will be on the Caribe deck. Best deck on the ship because all the rooms have huge 9x9 ft balconies! There's also covering overhead that leaves the balcony half-shaded and half-exposed for the sunbathers. :)

http://cruisenewbie.com/photos/

Just off the Crown last week. Emerald will be sister ship to the Crown. We jus booked the Emerald for Jan 2008 with balcony on Carib deck which is half sun and half uncovered and much more desirable than other balconies.

Just off the Crown in Jan. Stayed in a mini Suite, AC Cat....Loved it. Lots of space and I would stay in that same cabin again. Extra room....small sitting area with a small couch, unlike the balcony...which just had a small desk. It really depends on the amount of space that you require...DH and I loved that little extra space and the 2 flat screen TVs. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask....... Loved the Crown...booked her sister...Emerald in Feb of next year...loved every day and what a honor to have sailed on her....:D

I'm looking at the Emerald Princess and was looking at a mini suite cat. AC. What is the deal with the balcony on the Dolphin deck? Is it covered, open, or half covered/open? Also, does anyone know why all the aft corner rooms are cat. VS? I really like an aft corner balcony, but I can not substantiate spending that kind of money for a corner aft room. Any suggestions?:confused:

We are booked in a corner aft balcony in December on the Emerald. It is a CAT BB, cabin C752. We were on the Star this past Dec. and saw the aft rooms while walking around the ship. It turned out to be only $30 a person more then the same CAT we had on the star and were going to book, we had a balcony room on Baja deck. I am really looking forward to this cabin.

Hi all,

Booked yesterday on the Emerald Mini-suite, Dolphin deck. Same question is it obstructed in any way or not. On other lines we always had a standard balcony room but upset that Princess cabins do not compair to other lines I have traveled on. The standard balcony cabins look smaller than other lines so booked the mini-suite. We booked cabins D710 and D714, is there anything we should be aware of with these cabins?

Any of the Grand Class Princess ships (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond) have similar mini-suite cabins as the newer Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess and the upcomign Emerald Princess.

On these ships, all Dolphin deck mini-suite cabin balconies are the same with an uncovered balcony - size about 9 x 8 ft. Interior of cabin is larger than standard balcony cabin with larger bathroom with tub/shower combination instead of shower stall only. Cabin also has a sitting area with a couch and 2nd TV.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise!

Any of the Grand Class Princess ships (Grand, Golden, Star, Diamond) have similar mini-suite cabins as the newer Caribbean Princess, Crown Princess and the upcomign Emerald Princess.

On these ships, all Dolphin deck mini-suite cabin balconies are the same with an uncovered balcony - size about 9 x 8 ft. Interior of cabin is larger than standard balcony cabin with larger bathroom with tub/shower combination instead of shower stall only. Cabin also has a sitting area with a couch and 2nd TV.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you so much. We are glad that there are no obstructions with our balcony. In the pictures of the mini-suite it looks like a wall with a window cut out in the balcony and we were a tad worried.

Another question. I just called Princess inquiring about the balcony doors. Friends and ourselves have adjoining rooms and princess told me that we can remove the balcony door ourselves...is this true or do we have to go to the pursers desk and request it be removed. TIA again.

Archived