New York, here I come

lv2snorkel

Some other options for NYC --

If Bway show is too expensive for you, off-Bway is also a great experience (and less exp). Not sure if they are sill playing, but you could try Stomp or Blue Man Group on the Lower East Side. Then walk crosstown to the Village.

If you go to the Empire State Building, don't pass up the "Skyride" - I think it's on the second floor. You get tix at the same place where you get the tix for the observation deck. The Skyride is really fun, if you like simulator rides. Gives you a great perspective on NYC.

Just can't do it all in a day or two in NYC. Just pick a few things and enjoy!

Sandi......oh my...did u bring back memories mentioning Fleet Week!!! I grew up in Staten Island and would wait for it every year. All the bars and clubs filled with sailors...ahhhhh....such memories......never had to buy my own drink.....I now live way down in southern NJ and we don't hear about it very much down here......You put a smile on my face.....(of course my hubby was wondering about that look on my face!!).....my secret....Thanks....

Getting up early when you return is great as well. We've sailed out of NYC three times now and have our fourth booked in August on Victory. The city at sunrise is really neat (it's really fun watching Manhattan get closer and closer), and you'll have better pictures of the Statue of Liberty in the morning than you will in the afternoon when you leave - the sun will be behind the statue at sailaway, so you'll be shooting into the sun then.

And Sandi, you're right - if you've visited NYC before you do notice the hole in the skyline in lower Manhattan.:(

Getting up early when you return is great as well. We've sailed out of NYC three times now and have our fourth booked in August on Victory. The city at sunrise is really neat (it's really fun watching Manhattan get closer and closer), and you'll have better pictures of the Statue of Liberty in the morning than you will in the afternoon when you leave - the sun will be behind the statue at sailaway, so you'll be shooting into the sun then.

And Sandi, you're right - if you've visited NYC before you do notice the hole in the skyline in lower Manhattan.:(

Unfortunately I lived through that horrible nightmare a few years ago. :(

Sandi, didn't realize when we booked Miracle for 5/27 that was fleet week. We are driving down Sunday morning from Boston. Hope we don't hit gridlock trying to get to the pier. Oh well, traffic is to be expected, I guess.

If you are driving down on Sunday morning, the traffic will be a little better. Try to arrive early in the AM.

For those of you on the 05/27 cruise with myself and my 5 friends, every Memorial Day weekend is Fleet Week in NYC. A few of us are heading down Saturday to stay overnight and go out on the town the night before the cruise to kick off our vacation in style :)

Gotta love a man in uniform!

Ditto to going a couple of days (at least) early to explore this wonderful city. We went in 04 and fell in love. A great way to see the whole city is to take the double decker bus tour, you hop on and off whenever you want. We would get on and do the whole tour, which takes several hours then pick a place we wanted to get off and explore. They give you a map and mark where the bus picks up. So convenient and cheap too. We stayed at the Milford Plaza, nice and economical and about 2 blocks from Times Square. I would highly recommend taking in a play. Just consider it 2 vacations. Curious, what is it like sailing out of NY? How are the waters, smooth or rough or is it just like everywhere else?

I think the Milford is awesome for location and value. I stay there every chance I get! You hear alot of bad things but I never had a bad experience. Very old but very clean and very comfortable bed.

Archived