In Cozumel For One Day ... what would you do??

JayDeeJay

We've been reading the shore excursions for Cozumel -- neither of us are "sun bunnies" ... and we're not drinkers either ... what did you do in Cozumel that you enjoyed? What would you avoid? We're only there for a day (I think the ship leaves at 5:00PM) so what would be the best expenditure of that time?? Thanks for your input!

I don't like to lay out in the sun too long but I don't mind swimming and walking.

I go to Paradise beach, get some food and drink, do a little swim in the ocean, head back to the ship. I get changed and then take a cab down to Los Cincos Soles and walk along the shops and go in and check them out.

We do the cooking excursion - a blast every time! It is not just burritos & tacos - you are no this great beach, all drink included - gosh it was great! every time we added an ingredient we took a tequila shot - or passed on one for that matter.

Luis and his crew are awesome, you can book it on the ship.

My husband and I went on Grandeur of Seas with a stop in Cozumel - January 20-27. I totally enjoyed the mini jeep tour. For 5-1/2 hours we were able to drive around in a two person jeep, with others in our tour, to a small ruin, the Punta Sur lighthouse (breathtaking scenery) and snorkeling. The tour operators were the best! I highly recommend it. A little pricey - $98.00 per person, but worth every penny. :)

My husband and I loved the dune buggy tour booked through Cozumelcruiseexcursion.com! It was a little dirty, but a total blast! The scenery was beautiful, the drive was fun, the lunch was delicious, and the beach/snorkelling was a nice addition (and opportunity to cool off). We highly recommend this tour! I haven't been to the others, but we did enjoy Playa Mia (which was calm while we were there). On either trip....use sunscreen!

We just came back from there and we rented a cabbie to take us all around the island for the day to see everything! We spent a little over

4 hours with him and payed him 90 total for the three of us. The driver was the sweetest family man and spoke very good english. He took us to see things we would have never seen had we not hired him. It was the best experience. He took us back to downtown and we shopped a little before walking across the street to catch our tender back to the ship.

I am not a drinker but we did stop for my mother and sister to have a beer or two and he visited with his friends at the local bars. He is not a drinker either. He took us to see a castle and to see iguanas and just local areas....I would do it again in a heart beat!! It beat sitting in a crowd of people fighting for beach chairs. We didn't have to pay for tours at high prices. We just enjoyed the local experience. That is what I would suggest! If you wanted to talk more about it email me on aol with this screen name. I can give tell you how to get hold of him.

just got back from Coz., this was our first trip there. we rented a jeep for the day, $66.00, then drove around the island to the "wild" side. a must see in my opinion, check my link for a few pictures of it. we would just stop and get out and search the shore for shells, starfish, things like that. there is a beach to swim at ont that side, most of that side is rocky and dangerous to swim, but near a beachside restaurant, there was a beach with many people swimming, and the waves were very small. we went to a restaurant called coconuts on a cliff and had great food, and a couple beers, then went back to chankanaab park for snorkeling, and the dolphin discovery. we then dropped off the jeep at the rental company, and wlaked around town shopping for a while. it was our favorite stop.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557721946EtfNvO

http://travel.webshots.com/album/557721933jTzUiz

Cozumel Mini golf is a BEAUTIFUL/very tropical & FUN course if you enjoy golf.

http://www.geocities.com/smallsal/minigolf/index.html

There are tons of shops along the waterfront that are fun to browse through, and many yummy restaurants to choose from for an authentic Mexican lunch.

I know you mentioned that you're not "sun" bunnies", but the Terrace Restaurant at Paradise Beach has an EXCELLENT lunch and a beautiful view of the ocean from your table. They also offer beach massages that are SOO relaxing:-)

You can view thier menu by clicking on the small square in the lower left corner of thier website.

http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com/

Archived