Crown Formal Night - Early/Late Sitting

ILOVEMEXICO

Is formal night, more formal at the late dinner sitting than the early? We were on the Golden last year and I was quite comfortable with what I wore to the early dinner sitting; black crepe slacks and lacey top one night and a two piece skirt and top that I would wear to a fancy wedding for the other; DH wore a smart navy pinstripe suit. I've been reading and viewing some of the outfits people are questioning and I think they are great but others seem hesitant. Are there formal snobs at the later sitting who look down on people who are not in tuxes and long gowns?? We are a very casual couple who hesitated in taking a cruise because of this but after last year, we didn't feel out of place, so booked a B2B on the Crown with early dinner one week and late dinner the other - - now I'm beginning to wonder?? What about the other evenings - is it still a business casual dress for late dinings as well - are Kahkis and golf shirts OK for the guys??

Thanks for any help or suggestions..........

Is formal night, more formal at the late dinner sitting than the early? We were on the Golden last year and I was quite comfortable with what I wore to the early dinner sitting; black crepe slacks and lacey top one night and a two piece skirt and top that I would wear to a fancy wedding for the other; DH wore a smart navy pinstripe suit. I've been reading and viewing some of the outfits people are questioning and I think they are great but others seem hesitant. Are there formal snobs at the later sitting who look down on people who are not in tuxes and long gowns?? We are a very casual couple who hesitated in taking a cruise because of this but after last year, we didn't feel out of place, so booked a B2B on the Crown with early dinner one week and late dinner the other - - now I'm beginning to wonder?? What about the other evenings - is it still a business casual dress for late dinings as well - are Kahkis and golf shirts OK for the guys??

Thanks for any help or suggestions..........

The dress code is the same for first sitting, 2nd sitting, anytime dining, Sabitinis and the Crown Grill on the Crown. The only place that is different is the Caribe Cafe at night. So Formal night is Formal night is Formal night, Casual is Casual is Casual.

Don't worry about half the bs you read here about the dress codes. Stick by what Princess suggests to you and you'll be just fine. The suggested dress for men on formal nights is a suit or tux, have your husband wear either of these and he'll be just great. Your husband's suit sounds perfect. What you wore sounds wonderful, glad you were comfortable in and I'm sure you'll look beautiful while wearing it on the Crown.

As far as the casual nights, what you described above is great for your husband.

There are formal snobs who will complain no matter WHAT sitting you have.

What you have described is fine - we saw many more people dressed like you are planning, with men in suits not tuxes. I myself take a pair of black dress pants and a dressy top. You'll be fine, don't worry about anyone else, just worry about YOU having a good time.

Archived