Sooo..how would you distribute the savings....

MamaParrotHead

There's a group of 6 of us all ready going on our Triumph cruise in April. One other couple (not married) is debating...he does NOT want to go, she desperately does. One of the couples will probably let her stay (as a 3rd person) in their cabin.

Now, how would the savings be most fairly distributed? Considering they're each paying over $700 pp for their 8B, she's paying $400 for 3rd pax rate but she's also sleeping on a pull out all week. I'm basically "in charge" of our little "motley crew", so I'm trying to figure out how to pitch it. Or should I just tell them the facts, let them figure it out between them?

Any thoughts?

Hi,

We always just divide it by three. But we are three friends not a couple. The third bed is always been the sofa and very pleasant to sleep on. Plus that person got the extra drawers under it.

The third person still will be in the room taking up equal space.

How does the couple feel about sharing their space. I think they are the ones who will be more inconvience than the third person...So equal split would be my vote.

Carla

Total up the charges for all 3 and divide by 3. She ends up paying a little more, the couple pays a little less than they did originally. That way they're compensated for giving up some privacy.

I agree. The couple is giving up privacy and even though she is sleeping on a sofa bed she would be in the big bed if her hubby came along:p.

I vote that you take yourself out of the equation...and a possibly sticky issue of who pays for what.

IF the other couple agrees to take on the 3rd person in their cabin, tell them the breakdown on the pricing...or the total for the cabin with 3 people. Let them decide how much each of them will pay.

I'm sure 3 adults can come to an equitable division of the cost without you having to be involved in that aspect of the transaction.

...or maybe her hubby will relent and decide to come along and they will get their own cabin!

Have a great trip!

If all parties are agreeable, I vote for the 3-way even split. The couple gets a bit of a break, the single doesn't have to pay a single supplement. If there's any discord, though, walk away and let them figure it out for themselves. You don't need that stress. :)

I agree. The couple is giving up privacy and even though she is sleeping on a sofa bed she would be in the big bed if her hubby came along:p.

Not only giving up Privacy which is a pain but also lots of extra ROOM.

I would'nt do it. I did this with my Sister inlaw this past Sept on the Pride and it was a pain in the ass.

Fred

My opinion is a little different:

I would suggest that the couple should pay 1st and 3rd person rate ($1100 total) and the extra person pays 2nd person rate ($700). My reasoning for this is that the couple is giving up some room and privacy and the extra person is not having to pay a single supplement and in fact is paying no more than she would have had her hubby come along. To me, this would be the fairest thing all the way around. Oh and each person pays their own tips, of course.

Kim

Archived