HELLLLLLLP - Cabin Assignment Issue

vesw01

My TA had our reservations reserved and we had an interior cabin that was in the middle of the ship - when called back now to pay for it they moved us to the back of the ship - Should I try to get something different?

This is a VERY special occassion for me - I am trying to do something nice for my Grandmother who took care of me all my life and I don't want to pay for something that stinks

Ves, sounds like you didn't actually book the original cabin, but told your TA to reserve it??? Cabins can go very fast, and unless you have actually paid the deposit on a certain cabin, there's no way to insure that it will be available once you make your decision and put down the deposit.

If it will ease your mind, I've been in cabins midship, all the way forward, and also aft. They've all been good cabins. Maybe you could tell your TA you want to be located closer to midship. Can't hurt to ask.

Call your TA and make her check. 1402 is a 1A, they definitely cannot downgrade you to a category lower than what you're paying.

Can't really say about front or back, we've had both and our last two have been inside on the Lido deck (which we really like) and we think they're all the same. BUT, if YOU think you'll be more comfortable mid-ship, have you're TA change it.

When she booked the reservation the other day they assigned a cabin - payment was due in full because we are sailing on 9/25. She was off yesterday and therefore she didn't make my payment for me

For the record there is no 1a on the Victory 4a is as low as they go

Just for the record, there is a 1a category....it may not show available on your particular cruise, but it is on the Victory. Just looked @ 3/20/05 for this ship and it shows it.

I just checked the 9/25 sailing, the room 1402 1A is open. I would get back to your TA and find out were the information that you were in 1402 came from. They cannot down grade you. Maybe she got her numbers mixed up and you were upgraded. That would be real nice for your grandmother. Hope you have a great trip. New England is nice in Sept.

Vesw, you said that when you called back to pay for it, they had moved you... but then you said you paid for it but it was the TA that did not pay Carnival? How did your TA get the cabin assignment if she did not book it with Carnival? I'm assuming that you did not get a confirmation from your TA stating this room number? Was she just guessing at open rooms? But you paid for it the day you booked with your TA, and she was able to get you a confirmed cabin assignment... what reason is she giving you for moving you if you already had a confirmed booking? I'm confused :confused:

For the record there is no 1a on the Victory 4a is as low as they go

There are a total of 18 category 1a cabins on the Victory... 6 of them on the Riviera Deck, 10 of them on the Main Deck, and 2 of them on the Upper Deck.

Ok, here is the scoop...

I called her on Tuesday, she called Carnival got the reservation - when I went in there later that evening to sign the credit card slip, she told me the cabin #. She said that she would wait until today (Thurs) to finish the booking since she was off Thurs. I had originally asked for a 4a guarantee, but she told me the cabin location was great and I shouldn't take my chances.

I just called her now (btw I left a msg earlier that she never got) and she said that when she called and asked for a wheelchair room (for my grandmother) that she gave up our other cabin - which I do not understand - since I was sitting right there when she called and she told them not to make any changes to the reservation.

I asked her about the cabin style 1a and she told me that it is too late to make any changes since she went ahead and paid for the trip earlier this morning, BEFORE she called to tell me there was a cabin change.

She is supposed to be calling me back - but I am afraid I am stuck with a cra**y cabin and TA

But, would you rather have the original room or one with wheelchair access? It sounds like she only made the change so that your room would accomodate a wheelchair? If that is the case, it makes sense, since had she waited, you may not have had a choice....

You are on a ship, there are no bad rooms on a cruise :D LOL....

According to the website I just checked, 1402 is a stateroom with one upper and one lower bed. The room itself is the same size as 1296 but would leave more floor space because there is one less lower bed. 1402 still shows that it is available, so it can't be the one the agent reserved for you. If you do end up reserving a 1a , the price of your cruise should be about $175 less than the price you paid for the 4a.

Stefanie

Ok, we are now booked in 1410 (back of the boat) on the Riveria Deck of the Victory - we used to have 1296 (mid boat). The TA (after I spoke with her manager) stated that she could either switch us to a Guarantee or call the cruise line everyday to see what is available. We can't get a room that is completely handicap because there are 4 of us and we would have to move up so many categories and I can't afford the # of moves it would take.

Any suggestions?

Considering where your new room assignment is (not that it is that bad, but certainly not as good as mid ship), I would gamble and go for a 4A Guarantee.

Since they don't have that many 4A rooms left, and your ship doesn't leave for 8 weeks, you may have a decent chance for a upgrade.

A wheelchair shouldn't be that bad to deal with in any room. They are all the same size. They will note that you have a wheelchair in your reservation. Just ask them for a room with 2 twins and a drop-down. You could ask them move the coffee table out of the room if need be.

I was willing to take the risk. I booked a 7A Guarantee 9 weeks out with the hope of an upgrade. If I don't get one, a 7A will do me just fine.

Ok, we are now booked in 1410 (back of the boat) on the Riveria Deck of the Victory - we used to have 1296 (mid boat). The TA (after I spoke with her manager) stated that she could either switch us to a Guarantee or call the cruise line everyday to see what is available. We can't get a room that is completely handicap because there are 4 of us and we would have to move up so many categories and I can't afford the # of moves it would take.

Any suggestions?

Was your original cabin handicapped accessible? Did they send you a confirmation with the cabin #? If so, I would push the issue and insist that your TA get the cabin that you need..without additional cost to you even if it means she has to upgrade you. It's the TA who messed up and didn't pay Carnival when they were suppose to to secure the cabin you needed...if I'm reading your post correctly.

A wheelchair shouldn't be that bad to deal with in any room. They are all the same size. They will note that you have a wheelchair in your reservation. Just ask them for a room with 2 twins and a drop-down. You could ask them move the coffee table out of the room if need be. I

But..a cabin that is not handicapped accessible, the wheelchair won't manuver into the bathroom. This could be an issue...

For the record, I'm not going to mention your response about the 1a cabins from this morning. I understand you're upset and from the sounds of things, you rightly should be upset.

Here's my opinion. 1st - drop the TA, period. Had she made your payment the day you called, you would have your original room that you liked and everything would be fine. Because of her, now you're stuck in cabin limbo and worried about your cruise. 2nd - if she feels that you're asking to much of her, then she welcome the fact that you're willing to transfer the reservation directly to Carnival. 3rd - since you're the one calling Carnival for information anyway, why involve her and run the risk of her causing further problems. OR, if she raises a stink about it, tell her you want her to call every day, as the manager said, and see if a cabin that is more suited to your needs is available.

Good luck, hope everything works out.

The reason I would not do a gauarantee for your cruise is 4 people cruising?? you may get a triple and have to get a rollaway. With a wheelchair thats too much Book a direct 4 cabin.

I think your cabin is in a good place. Close to elevators. Cabins ubove you so you dont have to worry about public rooms and noise. A few floors away from the dining room. You wont have far to travel.

Archived