Exploration's Cafe on Noordam

ElizabethxoNoel

I am going to be on the 3/21 saling of the Noordam and I am decifering if I should get a coffee card or not. Can anyone tell me what they all have? I heard that the cafe they have on board is owned by Starbucks. I love Starbucks, but I just can't drink coffee straight up. My favorite Starbucks drink is the Java Chip Frappuccino® Blended Coffee. (Coffee, chocolate and chocolate chips blended with ice, topped with whipped cream and chocolate drizzle.) Do you think they would be able to make that for me on board? Thanks in advanced for your help.

Haven't been on the Noordam, but have been to the Explorations Cafe on the Zaandam and Amsterdam. They serve Torrefazione Coffee, which is a brand owned by Starbucks. They serve a limited specialty coffee/tea menu. I don't know about your super-duper chocolate chip extravaganza; I don't recall seeing it on the menu, but you never know until you ask:) If you plan on drinking lots of coffee there, then yes, get the coffee card.

I think it possible you can get your 'fav'. It might not be exactly on the menu but I found them to be a little flexible about accomodating requests.....if they have all the ingredients available to them.

I was wondering about iced coffee drinks as well. I'd hate to buy a coffee card and not be able to get some specialty drinks of the blended ice variety.

Michael

Yes, you can buy iced coffee drinks at the Explorations Cafe; I slurped down quite a few of them on our Panama Canal/Caribbean cruise.....Enjoy:)

Haven't been on the Noordam, but have been to the Explorations Cafe on the Zaandam and Amsterdam. They serve Torrefazione Coffee, which is a brand owned by Starbucks. They serve a limited specialty coffee/tea menu. I don't know about your super-duper chocolate chip extravaganza; I don't recall seeing it on the menu, but you never know until you ask:) If you plan on drinking lots of coffee there, then yes, get the coffee card.

Yes, that's what the Noordam has as well. We bought two coffee cards in the Explorations Cafe, and thoroughly enjoyed them!

I was on the Noordam but the only coffee I drank was the free kind. Guess I'm just not that big on that fancy coffee with the fancy names. Most of us "Old Salt" navy sailors just want the "feen" in a plain old cup:D; I'd settle for Micky Ds. I'm not sure about the Starbucks part, I don't recall seeing their logo anywhere.

Hi there, I was the lucky recipient of a coffee card as a birthday gift aboard the Noordam from my brother. The cafe is very Starbuck like and they even use the terms grande and vente for the medium and large drinks. They have all the cappuccinos, lattes, and variety of mixed drinks - though as I don't drink frappucino I'm not certain if the drink you mentioned was on the menu. But I do think the coffee was very good and the muffins, scones, etc. were terrific - and happily - free as food is in general on the cruise. I'm not sure how much the coffee card costs as mine was part of a gift, but I can say that the selection is very good and tasty. Enjoy!:)

Archived