Very formal night?

lira

We will be on the Prinsendam in June, our first cruise. We've been informed by HAL that there will be four formal evenings on this cruise. Is there usually a formal night that tends to be more formal than the others?

Thanks,

Lira

Thanks for the responses. I like "dress up," and am looking forward to this aspect of cruising. I have one ridiculously sparkly, couture-ish gown that I am especially excited about, and wondered if it should be set aside for a specific evening. I thought I had once read something about "Captain's Night" being fancier than the others. I guess not.

Lira

All formal nights are be pretty much the same. One of them will be the night of the Captain's Champagne Reception, where you have the opportunity to meet and have your picture taken with the captain, so that's when I like to put on my best "formal" attire. You will see lots of tuxes on Prinsendam's formal nights. Sometimes, even the chairs in the dining room are in dresses! Have a wonderful cruise on my favorite ship:).

Thanks for the responses. I like "dress up," and am looking forward to this aspect of cruising. I have one ridiculously sparkly, couture-ish gown that I am especially excited about, and wondered if it should be set aside for a specific evening. I thought I had once read something about "Captain's Night" being fancier than the others. I guess not.

Lira

Oooohhhhhhhhhhhh It sounds fabulous! Enjoy!!

lira.....wear your beautiful sparkly gown on the first and last formal nights and wear something else on the in-betweens. It always seems to me that the first formal night is a little more special....but maybe that's because the cruise is just beginning and the anticipation is greater.

Lately, my rule of thumb is to wear whichever of my formal clothes is the tightest on the first night.....and to save the loosest one for the last night.;)

We will be on the Prinsendam in June, our first cruise. We've been informed by HAL that there will be four formal evenings on this cruise. Is there usually a formal night that tends to be more formal than the others?

Thanks,

Lira

No! They are all equally the same, unless you're invited to the captain's table than you might deck out a little more, but formal nights are a lot of fun! Rgds PD:cool:

Archived