Air conditioning in Rome in June?

We are staying in Rome for one week prior to our June 6 cruise. We are looking at apartment rentals but looking for one with A/C severely limits our choices. Is A/C necessary in Rome for the first week in June?

Thank you,

Linda

I think that air-conditioning would be absolutely necessary in Rome in the beginning of June. We rented an apartment in Rome for one week in 2006 from June 17 to June 24. It was in the upper 80's to low 90's every day.

You might get a cool spell, but I wouldn't count on it. We did not have trouble finding an apartment with AC, though.

Which apartment did you rent in Rome? Which area was it in? How much for a week? Which agency did you rent it through? Anything else you could tell me about I would appreciate.

Thanks!

Linda

Linda,

After much agonizing, we ended up using Roman Homes. http://www.romanhomes.com We are a family of 5, with 3 kids, ages 3, 8, and 10, so we were looking for a large apartment. We chose "Botticell" near the Campo dei Fiori. The rent was 3000/week. (a bit of a splurge) We considered many other places that were less expensive. These other sites list many apartments with their prices that you can peruse:

http://www.rome-accom.com/

http://www.accomodationsrome.com/Rent/Italy/Rome/index.htm

As to location, we had mixed feelings about Campo dei Fiori. We loved the wonderful market that they had every morning (except Sunday). Wonderful fresh produce and meats, and arguably the best pizza in Rome is at Forno, on the Campo. We found, though, that every evening, we walked over to Piazza Navona. Campo dei Fiori had a young college crowd in the evenings. Next time in Rome, we will probably stay on Piazza Navona, or in the Pantheon area. Hope that helps.

Even if it's not sticky and hot, it will be noisy. We stayed in a hotel in Campo di Fiori area and were well-pleased with location and property chosen (Hotel Ponte Sixto). It was on a tiny little alley-like street which meant motorized traffic was minimal. The area around Parthenon and Navarro were very nice as well. But, be sure to check over at tripadvisor dot com to see what folks are saying about hotels in Rome these days (I was there in 6/06).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived