Majesty vs. Sovereign

hayesktrm

We are thinking of taking a little mini-vacation and was wondering which ship we should go on. I have been on the Sovereign with friends and I liked it, but we have never taken the kids (9 and 15). I have never been on the Majesty. What are the differences and how are the kids' clubs?

This time last year I was considering both of those ships. We ended up booking the Majesty because of the stop in Key West. We loved the Majesty! We are considering doing another short trip in the future with our kids, but we'll book the Sovereign because I can fly into Orlando easier on my preferred airline.

I'm sure the AO program is pretty much the same on both ships but I've only used the program on the Rhapsody.

There should not be any major differences in Adventure Ocean on Majesty and Sovereign. Ours never liked the kids clubs, they always just found other people to hang out with by the pool.

We picked Sovereign for our little getaway because it is an easy drive for us, just over 7 hours, and I didn't want to pay airfare for a short cruise.

I'm sure Majesty looks great after her renovation, but I would rather have the day at sea instead of Key West, and if you are looking at the three night, Majesty docks in Nassau on Sunday and many of the shops and popular places are closed.

We booked the SOS for 5/7/07 for the exact reason another poster stated, we prefer the day at sea over the stop at Key West. We used to live near Key Largo and have been to Key West so that was no biggie to stop there. This will be our first cruise on RC and our first with the kids, ages 6 & 7. We are all looking forward to the cruise and two days at Disney prior to the cruise! :)

Also looking to book a short cruise in April--35 yr wedding anniversary, Not sure which ship, Sovereign or Majesty--booking air thru Miami or Orlando is about the same, but trans to Port Canaveral could be expensive. Any advice?

You do know Miami is a 3-4 hour drive from Orlando right??

The Majesty was just refurbished but the Sov was too a few years ago. Other than that they only diff I know about is that the Majesty stops in Key West and the Sov has a day at sea instead. They both leave from Port Canaveral which in nearest Orlando.

We just did the majesty of the seas in Jan. The last cruise before she went into drydock. We loved it and we are looking to book again in

Jan, 2008. Key West was awesome. I liked it so much that's why I want to book again. We took a 3 hrs. snorkeling trip and so we missed alot of the fun things key west has to offer....so are going back. You should experience it at least once. You can always have a day at sea....??? :rolleyes: If you do, make sure you stop in and have a drink at Hogs Breath Saloon. Watch out for the chickens! :eek:

You do know Miami is a 3-4 hour drive from Orlando right??

The Majesty was just refurbished but the Sov was too a few years ago. Other than that they only diff I know about is that the Majesty stops in Key West and the Sov has a day at sea instead. They both leave from Port Canaveral which in nearest Orlando.

The Majesty does not leave from Port Canaveral, it sails from Miami

Archived