Do I have to get up early?

Ceece911

Well, I went on my first cruise last May and you all were very helpful at giving me advice, I thank you all for that. One thing about the cruise was that it felt like I had to get up early every morning and go to breakfast so the the room steward could come and clean the room. Maybe one or two of those days I wanted to sleep in a little longer. I know that they can't force you to get up early, it is your vacation, but I felt like I was obligated to. My question is, do any of you just sleep in sometimes, and just forget about breakfast? DH and I are night owls and we are usually up until 1 or 2 am. So, sometimes it is ruff to get up at 8 or 9 and get ready to go eat.

Well, I went on my first cruise last May and you all were very helpful at giving me advice, I thank you all for that. One thing about the cruise was that it felt like I had to get up early every morning and go to breakfast so the the room steward could come and clean the room. Maybe one or two of those days I wanted to sleep in a little longer. I know that they can't force you to get up early, it is your vacation, but I felt like I was obligated to. My question is, do any of you just sleep in sometimes, and just forget about breakfast? DH and I are night owls and we are usually up until 1 or 2 am. So, sometimes it is ruff to get up at 8 or 9 and get ready to go eat.

Absolutely!! Sleep in if you'd like. Just put out the "privacy please" sign and sleep as long as you would like. If you sleep late enough to miss the morning clean up of your room - they will catch you in the evening.

It's your vacation....enjoy!!

I try to get out of the cabin by around 11:30a to give the steward a chance to do their job before they had their midday break. If you don't care that your cabin won't be touched until you leave for dinner I wouldn't worry about it.

On one cruise my DD was out really late (early) and she didn't get moving until noon. I tried to get our stewardess to wake her but she wouldn't even with my permission, so I did the dirty deed! :D

CeeCe911:

My DH and I met our cabin stewart on the first day of our last Cruise on the Glory, and we asked him to make our cabin the last one to be cleaned so we could sleep late, I don't know what time he came,

but we didn't get up until 11am on port days and 1pm on sea days and

our cabin was done after we left.

One morning, I had upset stomach and never left the cabin, the stewart came in and work around me, he cleaned the restroom, straighten up the cabin and left. Later, I felt better and went to dinner, went I got back my cabin was cleaned again, bed turned down nicely. Enjoy your Cruise!

My son and myself both sleep in on sea days since we stay up late. My wife can't hang and is bed by midnight and loves her breakfast. She just tells the cabin steward we aren't getting up and asks the steward for some extra clean towels.

The steward always seems to get upset like they will get in some kind of trouble if they don't clean the room or maybe think I'll reduce the tip.

Bill

Archived