Revelation Tours for VilleFrance? Walk Amalfi for Amalfi?

We are in the process of checking these tours out. Representatives from Revelation Tours seem very accomodating and quick in responses to e-mails.
Anybody who has had experiences with these tours, we would really appreciate you giving us input on these tours/drivers. We prefer a driver/guide with good driving skills and habits, pleasant, and has patience. A sense of humor and good looks of course would be a plus. Thanks, "Ltgl"

I've only seen one person talk about Revelation on the boards. If you are interested in them, ask them for some references you can email. Did this with another service and was sent 4 email address; emailed asking for their experience and every person replied promptly! In fact, I know correspond with one of them.[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Happy cruising.

Hi cruisintwinsmom, Thank you so much for the tip. I will ask them for the e-mails of references. So far, I have been very impressed with Michel Legrand's ([url="http://www.revelation-tours.com"]www.revelation-tours.com[/url] )quick responses to my e-mails. He also assured me that he will update his web site with testimonials by the end of next week, and assured that our family will have a very memorable experience in Cannes, Nice, St Paul de Vence, Eze and Monaco, etc...He also e-mailed me a very comprehensive brochure of the tours offered. There will be an audio show in addition to the guide's commentary to bring one the sounds and moods of the Region, free drinks,and a personal visit pamphlet with itineraries of the history/maps of the places one wish to visit. He assured me that the tour is very customized, with "at the spur of the moment" stops for photo ops, snacks, etc...
Overall, my experience so far with this company is very positive, but I agree completely with you, testimonials are soo.. important! That is why we booked with Daniele/Remo ([url="http://www.driverinrome.com"]www.driverinrome.com[/url]) for our tour of Tuscany and possibly for Amalfi. For Amalfi, I heard Gennaro from Sorrento Limo is also very good, so I am completely torn trying to make the best choice! This trip is more for my mother and daughter than for me (I have been to Italy a few times before & my husband is willing to stay home for us to have "the 3 generations of women" time for bonding), so I would like to assure that it be the most pleasant and memorable experience!
So... I am waiting for the testimonials, will request for e-mails of references, and keep you all posted. Thanks again, "Ltgl"

• 2 years later...
[quote name='Live the good life']Hi cruisintwinsmom, Thank you so much for the tip. I will ask them for the e-mails of references. So far, I have been very impressed with Michel Legrand's ([url="http://www.revelation-tours.com"]www.revelation-tours.com[/url] )quick responses to my e-mails. He also assured me that he will update his web site with testimonials by the end of next week, and assured that our family will have a very memorable experience in Cannes, Nice, St Paul de Vence, Eze and Monaco, etc...He also e-mailed me a very comprehensive brochure of the tours offered. There will be an audio show in addition to the guide's commentary to bring one the sounds and moods of the Region, free drinks,and a personal visit pamphlet with itineraries of the history/maps of the places one wish to visit. He assured me that the tour is very customized, with "at the spur of the moment" stops for photo ops, snacks, etc...
Overall, my experience so far with this company is very positive, but I agree completely with you, testimonials are soo.. important! That is why we booked with Daniele/Remo ([url="http://www.driverinrome.com"]www.driverinrome.com[/url]) for our tour of Tuscany and possibly for Amalfi. For Amalfi, I heard Gennaro from Sorrento Limo is also very good, so I am completely torn trying to make the best choice! This trip is more for my mother and daughter than for me (I have been to Italy a few times before & my husband is willing to stay home for us to have "the 3 generations of women" time for bonding), so I would like to assure that it be the most pleasant and memorable experience!
So... I am waiting for the testimonials, will request for e-mails of references, and keep you all posted. Thanks again, "Ltgl"[/QUOTE]
Hi LTG,

Did you ever use Revelation Tours in France?
I wondered how you found them

Live the good Life,

Here is your testimonial!

We were on a Med cruise this past June. We used Michel Legrande for our day in Villefranche. He was the best guide/driver of our whole trip. We also used private guides in Barcelona, Rome, Florence and Naples.

I emailed back and forth with Michel for months. I knew from the start that he would be our driver. We worked together to make the day just right for my family (my husband and I and our two teenage girls). He was very helpful and acommodating. I asked what he would like us to bring him from Ca. and he said..."hmmm what do I like from California? Beautiful girls and good wine! " So we brought him a good bottle of wine from the Napa Valley. He really appreciated that!

Our day with him was great. I think the best thing about Michel is his personality and his knowledge of the history of the area. We learned more about Nice, Southern France, etc. than I ever did in school. And his historical "lectures" were always filled with humor and anecdotes so my teenage girls were very engaged and asking a lot of questions.

We chose to have him to ourselves instead of sharing with another family so it was expensive (600 Euros) but it was worth it because of the invaluable memories. If you share the cost you would save a bit of $.

You read a lot about private guides on these boards but after using 3-4 others on this trip I will say Michel was the most professional, knowledgable and fun. If you can book him personally, do it now!

Have a great cruise!

KathiB

I forgot to add that we booked Danille/Remo for Rome. I was the first to book for that date (almost a year in advance) and they assured me that they would try to have Remo or Danielle for our driver. We had neither. Our driver was nice but not as informative as our other guides had been. Rome is very different because you need a licensed guide to go into almost every museum/site if you want a guides so in Rome they are more of a driver. But I felt thay were not up to the professionalism of Michel Legrande. Also consider thet driverinrome specializes in Rome not Tuscany. You are better off choosing a company for Florence and Tuscany for that area. All our guides grew up in their cities/area and had intimate knowledge of the area. We actually just used a taxi service to get us to Florence but I have read many review of Florence guiises here.

KathiB

I can highly recommend Michel Legrande of Revelation Tours! Don't wait to book him. You won't be sorry! I had 16 people on our cruise sign up for the French Riviera/Villefranche tour and we reserved 2 mini vans with Michel. He is very professional, was on time to pick us up at the dock, and was very accommodating about arranging what we wanted to see for the day. He always responded very promptly when I emailed him.

I made up an itinerary that I wanted based upon other recommendations of Cruise Critic members and emailed it to Michel to critique. He made a few suggestions and we were happy w/ what he suggested. We also opted not to do a formal lunch stop and everyone would just do their thing as far as lunch. We didn't want to lose an hour and a half for a lunch. We were glad we did this because we had so much to see on our tour.

Please feel free to ask any other questions about our itinerary, etc. You will be very pleased with Michel's tour. He provided us with a folder w/ an overview of each place we would be visiting that day, as well as a CD that he played just prior to arriving at the particular destination that gave a background of the place. He has soft drinks in a cooler for everyone also.

Everyone on the tour said it was the best tour they have ever taken!

Hope this helps.

Mary

We used Michel two weeks ago and absolutely loved him!!! His tour was by far the best of all 6 private tours we took on our trip. He is very professional and provides all kinds of extras that the other guides do not. And.....he is cute!!!! You won't be sorry if you use him.

Michel Legrand is wonderful. I booked him about a year ago for our med cruise this passed June. We were a group of eight. He was focused on making our day all that it could be and he succeeded. We found him professional, knowledgeable, and engaging. One of the highlights of our trip was the dinner spot he recommended. You will not be disappointed.
In Almafi, we used Marcello from seesorrento.com. Although when we booked he had already promised someone else on our ship to be their guide/driver, he said we would meet during the day at different stops, which we did. Our driver was Euginio. He was lively, engaging and kept us laughing all day. Between he and Marcello, we had a great day. Lunch was a real treat you won't want to miss! You will not be disappointed with Marcello either.
Good luck with your tour planning.

Archived