Tubing with anyone other than Wacky Rollers & Cruise Ship??

cmmcruiser

can anyone recommend the tubing excrusion with a tour company other than wacky rollers or directly through the ship? Wacky Rollers has a contract w/ the Carnival Destiny and will not take direct reservations, plus I don't want to be amongst a herd of cattle, would like a smaller group but I have found nothing else.

Anyone?

I had already come across their website (www.avirtualdominica.com/funsun) tried emailing earlier but the message was bounced back, I just phoned them now and apparently they work with carnival as well so no direct reservations.

I tried calling them but the phone just rings....Does anyone have a different email or phone number for them other than what is on their web?

Also Kiki...Have you done the tour with Antours yet? They do not show anything on their web for tubing.

We want to do the tubing plus the Emerald Pool. We are on Celebrity and they are only offering Wacky Rollers.

I contacted antours by email and did receive an email back from them, their response was that they do offer tubing excursions w/ their partner WACKY ROLLERS!!! It's a straight up monopoly.. They were going to check availability on rates and space as they said the excursion is always in high demand. Will keep you all posted on what they come back with.

Yes, I have done the tour with Antours. We did the Trafalgar Falls first, then headed to the tubing. There are only two companies doing the tubing so there's no way getting around it. However, it was an absolutely amazing experience. First of all, I had no problems keeping in contact with them and they booked everything right away so I avoided going through the whole hassle myself. We also did a tour before the river and it was one of the best experiences I've had. There were no long lines although we came in on Carnival. We didn't have to join any other group for our tubing down the river. I would definitely recommend that you do it. It was lots of fun.

Hi,

We were 11 in our group. We paid $90 each. I think they have a different rate for smaller groups. For the price we got the tubing personalised for our group, not with other people, we got refreshments at the end. We also visited the trafalgar falls (awesome place!!), the sulphur springs, the botanical gardens & morne bruce All this is part of the Trafalgar tour. We had a great day and much fun along the way. The staff is very professional, friendly and knowledgeable. We had a swell time on this tour. For us the price was very reasonable for what we got. It's great to combine the tubing with other sites. This was our best shore excursion on our entire cruise. I highly recommend Antours for this tour.

kiki

• 2 weeks later...

back from the cruise and what I ended up doing was booking through shoretrips.com, the price was $67/pp. Included pick up from the port, transportation to the river, tubes, paddle, life vest, rum punch at the end and trip back to the port.

Shore Trips sent me confirmation of my booking and instructions to look for Wacky Rollers upon arrival to the port (we picked the 2nd tour at 1:30). It turned out to be an EXCELLENT excursion. Aside from my DH and I, there were 3 other people on the tour and we had 2 wacky roller guides with us. The tour was great b/c of the size and well worth the money, plus Mikey and the other tour guide were wonderful!!

If you are unable to book through wackyrollers directly, this is definately the next best option!!

Any questions, don't hesitate to post.

Archived