Urgent question about Native Way Tours. (Help!)

Tristan

After reading such wonderful things about this company, I want to book Stingray City with them. They advised me that theeir tours are either at 8:15am or 11:15am, and they said that we have to be back on our ship

(Voyager of the Seas) for tender by 2:30pm....so it's cutting it VERY close.

Can anyone tell me how long the Stingray City tour goes? And also, if it's safe to book it so close to the tender time?

I leave very soon, and need to book it quicky....thanks so much.

Tristan

i did the stingray city & island tour with nativeway.

when i did the tour we did the stingray city portion first with all the other people who were doing stingray city only. the stingray city portion ran from 9:30 am - approx 1 pm.

if you can book the 8:15 excursion that nativeway offers you'll be fine as far as making it back for your tender

We took a 9:30 tour with Nativeway that included Stingray city and snorkling. We were dropped off at the beach at 1:00 (we could have been taken back to the boat at that time). Unless you are taking a shorter tour, I don't think you will make it unless you can get the early tour. I know that we could not make their original early time and when we inquired the tour operator emailed us telling us they had added an additional tour that better aligned with our ship's arrival. Can you call them directly to save time?

Sharon of Nativeway informed me that they only have two tour time for Stingray City: 8:15am and 11:15am.

Our ship docks at 8am, so there's no way I can get off the Voyager in that time.

We just book NativeWays for Stingray City and the Island Tour, and our time is 9:30 local time, with checkin no later than 9:15.

Mike

Tender lines in Grand Cayman are very long...we waited 40 minutes to board a tender. If you need to be on the ship at 2:30, you need to be in line by 2:00 at the latest. Do make sure you are talking about local time on the ship, there is a one hour time difference which might allow you to make the earlier tour. If I were in your shoes I would book a ship's excursion and that way you know you will make the boat, not worth all the stress to save a few dollars (unless you can get that earlier tour).

i agree, if you take that later tour at 11:30 you run the risk of not making back to the ship on time. i wouldn't risk it if you think you might not get back. the ship won't wait for you and i am sure the sharon can't guarantee that you'll make it back by your last tender. the tour tends to run long.

If you book the 11:15 tour you probably won't make your tender time !! We did Capt. Bryan and his tour left at 9:30 so we were in good shape time wise and had a little time to shop when we got back before catching our tender.It was a very nice tour and I would highly recommend him.

8.30am island time will be 9.30am ship time on board the Voyager of the Seas. You should be fine getting off the ship by that time, as most of the ship tours will have left before 9.00am ship time. I wouldn't book the later time, just because it will be a 3 hour excursion, which would get you back to the pier at 2.30pm island time (3.30pm ship time).

Archived