Is the Supper Club worth the $$$

SouthernLadie

Ok, question for all of you. I noticed several of you mention no kids in the supper club. Is there a age limit? I ask as I was thinking of booking the Pride and my son, now 10, likes to eat with me in the gourmet resturant. He is well behaved and after 20 cruises knows how to behave in a room like this.

Ok, question for all of you. I noticed several of you mention no kids in the supper club. Is there a age limit? I ask as I was thinking of booking the Pride and my son, now 10, likes to eat with me in the gourmet resturant. He is well behaved and after 20 cruises knows how to behave in a room like this.

Kids are welcome - we took our youngest son when he was 12 or 13 - he enjoyed it. I have never seen any children in there who were less than ~8, and they have all been well behaved.

I doubt someone would bring an infant or toddler in there - but unless it is explicitly stated (and enforced - and we all know how that goes) then I would imagine somewhere, sometime it has occurred :eek:

So, to answer your question - well... I am not aware of an explicit limit, though I would think that they discourage bringing the very young.

Tom

:cool: Do the reservations fill up fast? We're going on the Conquest Easter week, and we want to go to the supper club when the kids are in camp. I just don't know the first day of the cruise which night they will all want to go to cc while we eat. I'll probably hope for getting a reservation the same day that we'll eat there....is this possible?

Sorry if this is confusing....I hope someone knows what I am trying to ask.

There should be no problem taking your DS with you. My DD loves to eat at the supper club. We've seen children as young as about three years old there a couple of times, but they've been very well behaved.

Jayne

:)

Kim! Is that you from the Island Princess fiasco? Book the Pride! We loved it. We rebooked it for Christmas and we are taking DD on this one.

I certainly agree with the other posters. I love the supper club. The service is great and atmosphere is great also. Going there gives me a night away from the kids. We always dress nicely. DH in a suit and tie, and I wear a dress.

We will be on the Freedom in a few weeks and wonder from all you CC's is the supper club worth the money? We will be on a 12 day cruise and after reading all the post still wondering if you had your drethers would you have still paid the extra charge?:confused:

Look to get some great advice!:)

Alice Faye

I say try it once, if anything, you will love the Chocolate Desserts.

We will be on the Freedom in a few weeks and wonder from all you CC's is the supper club worth the money?

Alice Faye: Here's wishing you a wonderful upcoming sailing on the new Carnival Freedom. Bon Voyage!!

Add my name to the list of those saying a loud YES to supper clubs being well worth the expense.

If we were to make reservations for 2, would we be at a table for 2, or do they sit you at a bigger table with other people? If we do this, we would like to be able to sit alone at a table.

You can request (reserve ahead of time) any table that you would like.

We prefer the Spirit class supper clubs - as they are have two levels. Additionally, on Conquest class ships there is a section with a row across the wall - like a bench seat - with a few tables along it. I would NOT care to be seated there. Even though you have your "own" table, the proximity to others along the "bench" is too close. Not very private!

We request a table for 4 (same one each night) on the upper level (Spirit class again). That way if our sons come along there is room - and if they don't we then have A LOT of space. Which I prefer compared to a cramped two topper!

Tom

I ate at Liberty's supper club three times during my cruise and highly recommend it. The following comments are from my cruise review:

While the previously mentioned gaudy décor kept Carnival’s famous supper club from being a “six star plus” establishment as the cruise director liked to claim (apparently Carnival operates its own restaurant ratings system), Harry’s cuisine and service were definitely on par with any upscale steakhouse I’ve visited. Every meal was preceded by a detailed demonstration of the cuts of meat offered and began with a complimentary amuse bouche. Portions were plentiful, dishes were tastefully presented and tables were beautifully set. The impressively high staff to guest ratio and professionalism of the waiters and sommeliers ensured outstanding service (the type of service that some Carnival fans disdainfully refer to as “buttkissing” elsewhere on these boards). Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly) the restaurant was half empty on two of our three visits.

I would say 50% of men took the effort to wear a jacket except for the last night of the cruise which was casual yet ironically attracted the dressiest crowd I saw there all week.

The live entertainment was somewhat more refined than in the dining room but still very Carnival. It consisted of a synthesizer husband and wife duo singing 1980s romantic ballads with a specialty for musical impersonations. Although I often thought I was watching a Saturday Night Live skit I couldn’t help but be impressed by their uncanny ability to imitate everyone from Barry Gibb to Julio Iglesias and Diana Ross to Barbra Streisand.

Have a great time!

Peter

we went on the valor last august. amazing! completely worth the $$! i was seriously bummed when i found out that destiny doesn't have one. :(

Which is ONE of the MAIN reasons that, when we sail for 7+ days, we will NEVER book the Triumph, Destiny, or Victory! :eek:

Tom

I have been to the Supper club on the Miracle and really liked it. I did notice that it was not very well attended on the night we went(about 10 other tables of people). Was wondering if that was just an odd night, or is this the norm for the Miracle/Spirit class ships?

I am looking at the Glory next, was wondering if the atmosphere would be different?

Does the $30 pp include tip? If so, does everyone tip more anyway?

See below - previous post...

Yep - live music begins at 7 PM (first reservation available is for 6 PM).

Whatever time your reservation, the table is yours for the night.

Some people do dance.

The $30 pp covers a starter, salad, entrée, side, dessert. It "technically" includes the gratuity - but we usually add about $20 to our check. They will also bring a couple miniature "compliments of the chef" - one being some truffles after dinner. You will be STUFFED if you eat all that they put in front of you!!!

Tom

We LOVED the supper club on Conquest, and will most certainly try at least once the one on our upcoming Freedom cruise. However, we found nothing wrong with the dinners in the regular dining room.So its really a matter of whether you want to spend the extra cash or not. We did it as a special celebration night. (hubby proposed) Either way, you cant go wrong. ;)

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but we love the supper clubs and so do our kids! Yup, they have eaten at the supper club with us on every cruise and will on our next one too. Don't get scared, we are a whole family of serious foodies, and I gotta say people usually stop by our table whenever we go to compliment the kids on their behavior. Now, if I could just get them to act like that at home:)

Hate to burst everyone's bubble, but we love the supper clubs and so do our kids! Yup, they have eaten at the supper club with us on every cruise and will on our next one too. Don't get scared, we are a whole family of serious foodies, and I gotta say people usually stop by our table whenever we go to compliment the kids on their behavior. Now, if I could just get them to act like that at home:)

• 6 months later...

Archived