YAY! I just booked my first cruise!!

skittl1321

Now the wait begins....

My husband is entirely unexcited about this (the actual booking- I think he is excited about the trip or at least he better get excited by the time we leave...) so I thought I would tell you all!

I just booked a balcony room (4170, to be exact) on the Spirit for the January 1, 2008 sailing to the Mexican Riveria! I am so excited. I wanted to book a guarantee, instead of an actual room- because since I don't know anything about the ship anyhow, I thought I'd leave it up to fate- but the PVP I chatted and emailed with (so nice!) said the military rate was better and would not work on a guarantee. Anyhow she recommended this room, because it was close enough to elevators and the dining room- over the photo gallery, which will be quiet at night, and only other rooms are directly above it. I think I agree that this is a good location. I'm also glad to be on the main, rather than higher up- because while I enjoy the rocking movement on sail boats while sleeping, I've only spent one night- I think not being too high up for 8 days is a good thing!

My biggest fear for this trip is that it is going to be ridiculously expensive- but so far, the rate we got was EXCELLENT. For a balcony I can't believe it's this cheap.

We are planning on making 2 vacations out of this trip, to save on airfare (though not back to back cruises) and will spend 2 days in San Diego before the cruise- mostly featuring a trip to the zoo (a life long dream!). From what I can tell from maps, if I have a downtown hotel the zoo and the cruise terminal should not be too expensive of a cab ride? We won't be renting a car.

Is it next January yet?!!!!

Welcome to the addictive world of cruising (and the addictive world of Cruise Critic)

The Spirit class ships are our personal favorite. You will have a wonderful time.

Now be sure to go to http://www.carnival.com and set up your profile, add your booking and it will count down the days for you!!

And don't forget to fill out your fun pass!!

Now the wait begins....

My husband is entirely unexcited about this (the actual booking- I think he is excited about the trip or at least he better get excited by the time we leave...) so I thought I would tell you all!

I just booked a balcony room (4170, to be exact) on the Spirit for the January 1, 2008 sailing to the Mexican Riveria! I am so excited. I wanted to book a guarantee, instead of an actual room- because since I don't know anything about the ship anyhow, I thought I'd leave it up to fate- but the PVP I chatted and emailed with (so nice!) said the military rate was better and would not work on a guarantee. Anyhow she recommended this room, because it was close enough to elevators and the dining room- over the photo gallery, which will be quiet at night, and only other rooms are directly above it. I think I agree that this is a good location. I'm also glad to be on the main, rather than higher up- because while I enjoy the rocking movement on sail boats while sleeping, I've only spent one night- I think not being too high up for 8 days is a good thing!

My biggest fear for this trip is that it is going to be ridiculously expensive- but so far, the rate we got was EXCELLENT. For a balcony I can't believe it's this cheap.

We are planning on making 2 vacations out of this trip, to save on airfare (though not back to back cruises) and will spend 2 days in San Diego before the cruise- mostly featuring a trip to the zoo (a life long dream!). From what I can tell from maps, if I have a downtown hotel the zoo and the cruise terminal should not be too expensive of a cab ride? We won't be renting a car.

I too would like to give you props for hopping on Board ! Welcome and good luck and dont be shy because we are not!

Congratulations on booking your cruise! It is a wonderful feeling and guess what? It doesn't go away!! LOL I booked our cruise months and months ago and I've been obsessed with these boards since, reading and learning and getting myself worked up into such an excitement you wouldn't believe at times. You will learn so much here though.

Now we have only 20 days to go till sailing. Woohoo!! And here's another guess what? Hubby is very excited now too. He wasn't at first and I almost got mad at him because he wasn't nearly as excited as me and as much as I thought he SHOULD be. But everyone gets excited as and when it's good for them, so don't fret. Just come here often and read, post your questions, learn and have fun. Slowly as you learn things and tell him he'll get into it. He probably just thinks it's so far away (for him) that he doesn't want to get excited yet and then have to wait. That's sort of like how it was for my guy.

But now it's almost here and wow he's into it. He's in there with wanting to know about the ship, the room, the excursions, etc. It's like a different person. And in the meantime I've had a tremendous amount of fun anticipating it here and I feel almost "seasoned" from all the info I've read and I haven't even left yet!

Enjoy!!!

Kim :D :cool: :D

Now the wait begins....

I just booked a balcony room (4170, to be exact) on the Spirit for the January 1, 2008 sailing to the Mexican Riveria!

My biggest fear for this trip is that it is going to be ridiculously expensive

Congrats on your first cruise:) . My DW and I have sailed four times so far and are looking for our fifth. It's amazing since we just got off the Miracle Sunday:D . We're hooked and you probably will be too. Too expensive? What do you think it would cost to spend a couple days in each of the ports you go to, transportation to each port and food while you are at the ports. A lot more than you will pay on the cruise.

Let me know how you lke the Spirit:p . That is one of the cruises my DW and I want to take. Look for a roll call for your cruise and see if you can hook up with some others that will be going on the same cruise. It will make the time go by a little faster. Have fun.

Having never cruised before the first I took him on in January 2006, my DH was decidedly not excited or enthused about cruising either. That was then--this year we had 2 cruises booked per his suggestion (just got off Imagination) and are going to end up booking another because our next isn't until December 2007 and he "doesn't want to wait that long!" I wonder if God is taking notes and I'm going to hear about creating another cruise addict when I get to the Pearly Gates???? :D :eek:

One thing is certain, it will be here before you know it. We booked our December 2007 cruise late last year so it was well over a year wait. Now we're down to 285 days. Sounds like a long time, but again, time seems to fly by for me.

I'm excited for you and suspect that your DH will get the "fever" if not before, certainly after your cruise. I never thought I'd see my DH so excited by something but he loves cruising!! Who knew???? LOL!

Every male I've ever cruised with.....hubby, friends hubby, friends son.... was not excited about the cruise ... actually aprehensive..... all ended up actually loving it and now it is their vacation of choice..... this is fine by me...

My hubby said.... we didn't take a vacation for 15 years, now suddenly we have our 3rd cruise booked in 3 years....LOL..... It's all good:D

My biggest fear for this trip is that it is going to be ridiculously expensive-

If you do your "homework" and read up on the Ports of Call boards, you can find the 'experts' in's and out's of each port. Where to shop/get the best deals, where to eat, which excursions are good. It can be a great vacation if you look for the deals!

As LHP said this is an addiction, we went on our first cruise 3 years ago, and we now have number 7 booked for this October, can't wait. You will love cruising the count down is the worst part and the actual cruise goes by to fast. Go and enjoy.:D

I most definitely agree with you. My first cruise was 5/06 and now I'm going on my 3rd cruise 5/07

wow its totally opposite for me feel like I'm the only guy here:D. My GF would not even look at a pic of the ship if I didn't make her look at it on my computer when we went on the grand the Ecstasy was next to it she said which one:eek:. She only cared about the ports but we are still going agine oh yeah.

Archived