Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

You must own the stock when you cruise. You can't buy it, get the credit and sell it before you cruise. But why is this such a big deal. Buy the stock and keep it. It's still an under $5,000 investment! Let it sit there. I can't tell you how much money I've made on the onboard credits alone. Enough to pay for the stock! You won't get that kind of return on anything else.

The shareholder benefit is renewed (or not) at the annual stockholders meeting. That's why they don't know now about a year, almost, from now. But if recent history is any indication, they will renew it. Even if they don't, you can still use it on as many cruises as you want to BOOK before May, 2006.

As a result of the information I received from several of you ,I am now a RCL shareholder and will be using my first credit in October. Thanks to everyone.

I have another serious of questions on upgrades.

I have a guaranteed balcony room through a travel agent and does anyone know if it can be upgraded as a Captains Club memeber?

I have a second guaranteed room for a Class C balcony and does anyone know if that can be upgraded as a Captains Club member. The agent(AMEX) said since it was a group rate it couldn't be upgraded. I don't trust them and before I call Celebrity I thought that someone may know the answer. thanks in advance .

Ben

Congratulations on becoming a stockholder! You will enjoy spending that onboard credit!

The CC upgrades only apply to Oceanview and lower. No Concierge, Balcony or Suites, etc. The other thing is, it's a paper upgrade. All it means is if you book a cat 6 you will be billed for a cat 7. A savings of about $40 to $50. Sorry, but they aren't going to come to you and say, you're CC so here's the key to your upgraded room! :) It's just a billing issue. Sorry! It would be nice the other way!!

And the Captain's Club upgrade only applies once, to the cabin you are actually staying in.

Sorry, I do not believe you can get two credits, the terms and conditions say "Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom."

For specific information, see the documents on "Shareholder Discount" and "Shareholder FAQ" on the RCL Investor web site, http://www.rclinvestor.com/

I don't know what trhead I found this on this past June...but I do think you can get two credits per stateroom IF each individual owns 100 shares...

"We are two friends who are each RCL shareholders who will be in one cabin for our July 2nd Celebrity Med cruise. I just emailed this very question (will we get one or two credits if we are both in same cabin?). Here is the answer I got:

""Yes, you would each receive the onboard credit. You would each need to provide proof of ownership. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Tensi Westreicher

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. ""

Since this is Celebrity secrets I'm going to add something food related.

On our first cruise with Celeb. we discovered the sushi bar. It was a small assortment of sushi and rolls set up buffet style. The sushi chef noticed I picked all the fish off of my rice so he asked if I would like a sashimi platter. Of course I did so he specially made one fresh for me.

It was huge portions of tuna and salmon. Yumm..easily $75. at the neighborhood sushi bar. So fantatastic. Of course he was well tipped.

After that when I saw him he just made up a platter for me without asking. Not really a secret but definetely a tip if you would like sashimi instead of sushi.

Dancing Girl, Widget, Tuggers,

I am the one who posted that you can get TWO shareholder credits if BOTH people own 100 shares. We were on the 7/2/05 Millenium Med cruise. And we EACH had a $250 credit(14 day cruise) posted to each of our accounts, and we shared the same cabin. There were no problems in getting them although we did bring printouts of our confirming email from Tensi Westreicher just in case. But the credits were on accounts when we checked with the Pursers desk. Any questions, please ask.

Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply.

I guess I just answered my own question! This is printed on the RCCL shareholders form that you print from their website to request the benefit! It would appear unless you are unmarried companions traveling together, sharing a cabin but each having a single reservation, you cannot have 2 credits to a cabin!

i am confused. posters mention making drinks in their cabins and having champaign in their cabins. can you take these on board with you? i know they would have to be drank in your cabin. do you take it on in your carry on? is it only allowed at the home port? we like to have a drink while getting ready for the evening. we have not cruised for a long time and then only a few times. thanks to everyone for their help.

Regarding bringing your own wine,etc..on board from home,...we bring ours in our carry on and get some glasses from the dining rm. or use the cabin glasses. Sometimes we'll fill and take them to the piano lounges,etc. We've done this many times and never had a problem. Anyone going on the Zenith cruise Nov. 14th ?

Good morning! We're going on the Galaxy for the first time this October for our honeymoon. I've been reading this thread for a while now, and I was just wondering if there is any particular food, treat, or special, romantic "neat place" we should look for on the Galaxy. Thanks!

Elizabeth

We've often brought wine for use in both stateroom and dining room, never had an issue on any cruise line including Celebrity - they will charge a corkage fee in dining room.

Our steward has always brought glasses on request, in fact on our last cruise we asked the steward to bring us both wine and champagne glasses the first day and replace them as we used them throught the cruise. He did. Only supply we've ever had an issue with is corkscrews which seemed hard for the steward to find a spare on some cruises, so now we bring our own as well as wine and champagne bottle stoppers.

On recent Celebrity cruises we've found that we really like the Celebrity wine list and have also started drinking more martini's and less wine (love the Summit Martini bar) so we're not even planning on brining wine for our next cruise, except maybe a very special bottle for one night.

Since this is Celebrity secrets I'm going to add something food related.

On our first cruise with Celeb. we discovered the sushi bar. It was a small assortment of sushi and rolls set up buffet style. The sushi chef noticed I picked all the fish off of my rice so he asked if I would like a sashimi platter. Of course I did so he specially made one fresh for me.

It was huge portions of tuna and salmon. Yumm..easily $75. at the neighborhood sushi bar. So fantatastic. Of course he was well tipped.

After that when I saw him he just made up a platter for me without asking. Not really a secret but definetely a tip if you would like sashimi instead of sushi.

Does someone know if the Galaxy has a Sushi Bar? Hope, hope!

I am new to Celebrity (in fact we are booking our first cruise on the Zenith today, hopefully!). Is the sushi extra or included? Are there refrigerators in the cabins? The spa deal that I have read about, is that on the Zenith, or just the newer ships? Thanks in advance for your answers, and any tips particular to Zenith would be greatly appreciated!

I am new to Celebrity (in fact we are booking our first cruise on the Zenith today, hopefully!). Is the sushi extra or included? Are there refrigerators in the cabins? The spa deal that I have read about, is that on the Zenith, or just the newer ships? Thanks in advance for your answers, and any tips particular to Zenith would be greatly appreciated!

We were on Zenith on 3/27/05 sailing in an oceanview cabin. There was no refrigerator. Don't know about suites.

Thanks to all of you who have posted on this thread .

We are going on our second Celebrity cruise in October on Constellation and I am really excited . We have cruised numerous times with RCL , this gives us the "Elite " status on Celebrity . What can we expect as "Elite "members .

Thanks .

here is another question ... have any of you been to the "white Masked Ball "

????

Do you have to book for it .????

CaliforniaDreamin ... you link didn't work :mad:

No, you don't have to book for it in advance. Just be sure to show up early, as in our one experience, the seats disappear very quickly. There are several threads directly related to this topic here in the Celebrity area. If you search for "Cirque", you'll find them all.

Archived