Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

My husband and I like our Creme Brulee warm. I had never thought to ask them to warm it. I just usually ask how it is served, and if they say cold, I order something else. In Aug. on the Infinity, I will try requesting it warm. :) Thanks for the tip.

I hope I didn't miss this question or answer but... the Cova Cafe ? (Coffee area) You get free sweets and pastry but you pay for the coffee correct? Even a regular cup of coffee?

You know, I can't remember if the regualr coffee was free. I didn't figure out the free coffee routine until my next cruise. On that one, whever I wanted to park myself in a bar or lounge, I'd just order decalf and Princess supplied it for free.

Another neat thing about the Cova Cafe, at least on our voyage, was that Celebrity has a "cruise representative" there in the morning, so I could ask whatever inane question crossed my mind to someone who had no authoirty to answer it but who was willing to check in with the powers that be.

Rick

I hope I didn't miss this question or answer but... the Cova Cafe ? (Coffee area) You get free sweets and pastry but you pay for the coffee correct? Even a regular cup of coffee?
As noted elsewhere, "regular coffee" at the Cova will be made from freshly brewed espresso, diluted to taste, so it's not exactly "regular", and no, it's not free.

When we boarded the Century at Xmas I was approached and asked if I would like to be a 'model' for their service. (I really must have looked terrible!)

How did you get that offered to you? I always wonder and would LOVE to volunteer! I am eager to offer my body to be a model! :D

As noted elsewhere, "regular coffee" at the Cova will be made from freshly brewed espresso, diluted to taste, so it's not exactly "regular", and no, it's not free.

Do you know if they have almond croissants?

When we boarded the Century at Xmas I was approached and asked if I would like to be a 'model' for their service. (I really must have looked terrible!)

How did you get that offered to you? I always wonder and would LOVE to volunteer! I am eager to offer my body to be a model! :D

The last time I cruised, I walked to the Spa as soon as I boarded and asked if they needed models. "Oh, yes, Thank you. What would you like to be a model for?" I didn't care. They gave me a time to return and that was all. Several days later they asked if I would model again for a second round of Spa Tours. Of course I said yes.

It was great fun as well as a nice way to meet the Spa staff.

My dear wife is a vegetarian. On most cruise lines they have a vegetarian menu that she is shown the day before so that she can elect to order the next evenings meal from it.

They also show her the next evenings regular menu in case there is something that she might want from that menu. This gives everyone else a chance to see what is on the next nights menu (it gives you a chance to avoid having a similar dish at lunch) and many folks have also decided to try something from the vegetarian menu.

Last year on the Zenith I got hooked on the wonderful cold strawberry soup and ordered it many days.

The other thing we do that has not been mentioned is ask the cabin steward for an extra pillow on the first day (Why are there three pillows for two people? Are they trying to start a fight on the first day? LOL), and also a couple of extra towels.

The other thing we do that has not been mentioned is ask the cabin steward for an extra pillow on the first day (Why are there three pillows for two people? Are they trying to start a fight on the first day? LOL), and also a couple of extra towels.

On all of our Celebrity cruises there have been extra pillows in a plastic zip bag on a shelf in the closet, along with extra blankets.

Here's another tip some people don't seem to know about! If for any reason you want to be moved to Main or Late seating, on embarkation day, head to the restaurant and ask the to be moved. Course, over time we have learned to be careful what you ask for. Went on RCCL Legend of the Seas in January and they accomodated everyone who asked to be switched to main seating. They actually added tables to accomodate more people, but alas! If you wanted to see the show, you had to get there 45 minutes ahead of time to get a seat! Now we just go with what we're given and make the best of it!

Also, you can usually order anything you want from the main dining room, even if it isn't on the menu! We are shrimp cocktail addicts, and we order it every night we are onboard. This is a real treat, especially when you consider how much a restaurant charges these days!:eek:

WOW...this is a great thread...I just read every post! These tips are such a huge help...especially to a first time Celebrity cruiser! I know we'll dine at least a couple times in the Olympic Restaurant...can you get a table by the window if requested?

Thanks...and thanks again for all the tips!

I recently checked on the possibility of getting credits if you are a shareholder. Here is what I received:D :

Dear Dr. Levine,

Yes, we do have an offer that I am including below. What we need is proof of ownership when you have made your cruise reservation and are requesting the onboard credit. Let me know if you need any further information.

You must book your cruise no later than May 1, 2006 to take advantage of this offer.

Below you will find an exclusive shareholder benefit for an onboard credit that can be redeemed for an array of spectacular onboard services and amenities–for your personal enjoyment. Take advantage of this benefit as many times as you like each and every time you set sail on one of our fabulous ships.

Shareholder Benefit

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights.

$200 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 9 to 13 nights.

$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 8 nights.

$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less.

Onboard credit is valid for any cruise vacation on Royal Caribbean International® or Celebrity Cruises® (excludes any sailings on the Celebrity XpeditionTM and any sailings offered under the Celebrity XpeditionsTM program). Reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2006. Additional terms and conditions apply.* This benefit is offered exclusively to shareholders that directly own a minimum of 100 shares of Royal Caribbean

Cruises Ltd.

*Offer is non-transferable and not available to employees, or agents of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. or its subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour

operators. Offer is not combinable with any special fare programs, including, but not limited to, cabins purchased with tour conductor credits, interline rates,

complimentary cruises or cruises onboard chartered sailings. Onboard credit is calculated in US dollars except on sailing where the onboard currency used is a foreign currency (in which case the onboard credit will be converted at a currency exchange rate determined by the cruise line) and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at time of sailing. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. Other terms and conditions may apply.

Sincerely,

Tensi Westreicher

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

Archived