Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

How BIG :confused: is the BIG bottle of spring water Celebrity puts in every cabin?

Personally, I don't drink tap :( water and since this is my first cruise, I was wondering about the drinking water, especially what Celebrity charges for bottled water.

Thanks.

Juhli

Celebrity doesn't want you to know that the drinking water in the cabins is perfectly safe--and quite good. Why else would they plop a big bottle of spring water in every cabin--$4.00--at the start of the cruise?;)

How BIG :confused: is the BIG bottle of spring water Celebrity puts in every cabin?

Personally, I don't drink tap :( water and since this is my first cruise, I was wondering about the drinking water, especially what Celebrity charges for bottled water.

Thanks.

Juhli

We always had bottles of about 16oz. Not enough to last a whole day, so we'd take the previous day's bottle to add to it and fill it with "tap water".

Considering how much of the "tap water" on board is generated, you might want to reconsider just to save a few bucks for something else. Would you drink distilled water from a bottle?

FYI I watched the travel channel on the building of the millenium class ships. They showed how the water goes through a double sterilization process and is among the cleanest in the world. I brought my own small bottles and filled them up in the cafe. I found the water in the cabins to be warm.

That’s the lack of sugar in them. European pastry tends to use far less sugar than we do with our sweets in the U.S. Most of the pastry chefs follow the more traditional methods which I appreciate in most instances but it certainly does NOT work with chocolate chip cookies. They need to follow a more American method for those. Just don’t change the croissants though.

Sugar made from Beets (Beet sugar) does not taste as sweet as cane sugar. Learned this after making 2 pound cakes that "did not taste right". I had bought a different (cheaper) brand of sugar containg beet sugar. Made a 3rd cake with cane sugar. It tasted right. Many places in Europe used beet sugar for baking.

Celebrity's CC category staterooms have ice water in a pitcher filled as often as needed & it tastes better than an bottled I've had.

When I read how people have to have bottled water, I state do you know here it came from? At least the government mandates they state so on the bottle.

The glass at dinner is very refreshing also.

You will also notice no foul odor in the bathroom, unless you did it ;-)

When you see that green glow from 2A-6A in the cark bathroom & raising the toilet seat, that is them flushing out the dirt from the pipes. I forget the name that begins with a K but someone here will have it.

Thanks.

Juhli

Some thoughts:

1. Water. We had a regular balcony cabin on the Connie in Sept and always had fresh water. If you do not have it and would like it, just ask. Water is fine on the ship.

2. Persian Garden: My husband and I thought it was just a place to spend more money on. We were wrong, it was magic......peppermint showers, relaxing ambiance and of course the incredible Razul.......believe me, this is soemthing you want to do with your partner. Romance Romance Romane and lots of laughs. Yes, you pay about $90 to have a water and mud battle, but it is soooo much more and you do not have to clean it up!

3. On the ask and you shall recieve, chocolate covered strawberries. Ask your assistant matre'd. you may only get them once or twice, but sooo worth it.

I am going to ask for the escargot and creme brulee more. Can't wait for November.............

My fiance and I were on a honeymoon cruise last year. Well, we were a little embaressed because it wasn't really our honeymoon but when we booked the cruise 6 months earlier it was supposed to be. Oops.

Well, we got the cake and picture and everything at our table. We were already stuffed and there were desserts we already wanted to try so we jokingly asked them to deliver it to our room later. They said okay and I swear there are hidden cameras because we didn't get back to our room until about 5 hours later and within 5 minutes there was someone at our door with the cake. ;) We were still stuffed so we cleared out the fridge, put thecake in it, and went to bed. In the morning we ate the chocolate cake for breakfast and it was SO delicious. I though that was so great that we just jokingly asked and they just did it.

Also, my fi is a big bread person so the first day he ate almost all the bread. (There were only 4 of us at the touble and we had automatically clicked. Neither of the other 2 had wanted bread at all that night) The waiter realized my fi had eaten almost all of the bread. From that day they always brought 2 baskets of bread. One for my fi and one for the other 3 of us.

I know it sounds silly but that attention to detail is the reason why we are going on our REAL honeymoon cruise Feb. 19 on cenury again. They will accomodate almost ANYTHING they can. (As long as it is within reason)

We love the escargots and frogs legs,and always tell our dining room waiter and maitre d' this at our first dinner. That way you can alternate them as appetizers (one of our fellow travelers had them as a main course last week on the Mercury !) each evening,with a shrimp cocktail thrown in every so often for variety.

You can get chocolate covered strawberries for free, too? I saw them on the Bon Voyage list and wanted to get some but the price was steep. Do you have to eat them in the dining room or can you get them through room service?

Some thoughts:

1. Water. We had a regular balcony cabin on the Connie in Sept and always had fresh water. If you do not have it and would like it, just ask. Water is fine on the ship.

2. Persian Garden: My husband and I thought it was just a place to spend more money on. We were wrong, it was magic......peppermint showers, relaxing ambiance and of course the incredible Razul.......believe me, this is soemthing you want to do with your partner. Romance Romance Romane and lots of laughs. Yes, you pay about $90 to have a water and mud battle, but it is soooo much more and you do not have to clean it up!

3. On the ask and you shall recieve, chocolate covered strawberries. Ask your assistant matre'd. you may only get them once or twice, but sooo worth it.

We had the chocolate covered strawberries in the dining room at no charge. We have gotten them on our last 2 Celebrity cruises. I am not sure about room service, or through your butler if you are fortunate enough to have a suite, but I am sure most anything is possible.

Good luck.

Ok guys, sorry for the post, I know this has been mentioned a few times. I've tried looking back but I wanted specific info and couldn't find it.

Does Century have the persian gardens?

I saw a post that said you didn't have to pay for the T pool (whatever that one pool is in the aqua spa). I thought you did have to pay for that on Century.

Are the saunas in that area (aquaspa) and do they cost extra?

Lastly,

How much is the peppermint shower? Is that included the cost of the Persian Gardens?

TIA

There are really no dumb posts, chances are if you don't know, there are others who don't either. Case in point, we have only been on the Millenium and Constellation, albiet mutiple times on both, so I am not sure about the Century. Someone will know the answer though.

As far as the peppermint and other "themed" showers they are in the Persian Garden and all included in the admission price. Even if you just go for one day, the experience is worth it. Very neat!

Kathryn

Re the T-pools. This is kind of confusing because the answer depends on the class of the ship. On the C class ships (Mercury and Century), the T-pool is a smallish therapy pool inside the spa. Very strong jets, strong massage, etc. There is a charge for use of the pool unless you are in a suite.

On the M class ships (Infinity, Millie, Connie and Summit), the T-pool is outside the spa in large covered pool area. It is the size of a swimming pool and the massage action is not as strong. There is no charge for the use of this pool. Hope it helps.

Linda

Okay, I've been on two M Class Ships - Millennium and Infinity and never even seen Persian Gardens? Where are they located? Maybe that's the best kept secret of all.

Question -- since you have been on the infinity, could you please tell me about the balcony cabins on the Penthouse Deck. Did you go to Hawaii??

Cruisenuts, I have been on the Infinity and have been to Hawaii. What is it that you would like to know about the balcony cabins on the penthouse deck? I did sailed twice in sky suites on that deck. They were very nice and quiet. The views straight down to the water was obscured by lifeboats in some cases. is there any other information you need?

Linda

Archived