Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

This topic has been discussed on other threads, so I am not looking for solutions to the problem, just a true account of how bad it is. I am talking about poolside chair saving. My question is how hard is it to get a pool chair/lounger on the Horizon. Are all the chairs saved by 8 am or 9 am or can you usually find 2-4 chairs at any time (does not need to be right by the pool) Any help from anyone about what I need to do to make sure we get chairs when we want them. PS. we do not want to save chairs or get in a fight to get one or take things off chairs to use them. I am just looking for info as to what to expect. Thank you for your help!:confused:

Celebrity offers same-day service for the next-day price on the last day of the cruise. Nice way to carry clean clothes home!:)

I never knew this - THANKS for the tip. I am cruising Constellation, then flying to FLL for the Millennium...this will certainly save me for getting my clothes cleaned between the cruises!

I have read there is a charge on the Galaxy for the T-pool (16.50/day) or a package can be purchased. This is for passengers staying in non-suites. Can someone elaborate if this is worth it, if so, when is the best time to do it (least crowded). Thanks.

Melissa:rolleyes:

Just off the Galaxy yesterday. The charge is $22 or $25 a day or $99 for the entire 12-day cruise. I tried it the second day and loved it, so I bought the pass. They deducted the $22 from the price. I went at different times throughout the cruise. The best time was about 10 p.m (It closes at 11:00 p.m. except on formal nights, 9:00 p.m.) Had it to myself for about half an hour when the guy from Cirque du Soleil joined me. It never got too crowded, however. It was well worth it to me, especially nice after a workout in the gym.

• 3 weeks later...
Trying to get the spa "ala carte" menu for Summit...any ideas? Thank you!:confused:

Seems to vary quite a bit -- have seen different fare on every cruise.

A tip for the topic:

If you're tired of the fruit selection on the buffet line, head over to the Spa for lunch (or whenever else -- they're open from noon until 8:00pm in case you somehow missed lunch). More interesting items like papaya other really nice feesh fruit show up there fairly regularly.

I don't really know if the spa area lunches are "heathier" there or not (although they appear to be), but some of the more interesting flavors I've run across have come from there. They don't seem to be quite as inhibited with their spices there as they are in the main dining areas. I understand the somewhat more bland flavors elsewhere are to avoid offending some of the more delicate palates, and once in a while I like something unusual. (Makes a much more interesting mid-afternoon snack than the hockey-burgers the line requires them to serve out on the pool deck -- something about having to cook them to a "well done" condition). The food is always interesting there, but not very many people seem to be aware that this grill even exists!

One thing I noticed was that if you ask a Celebrity staff member how they are doing or feeling, they'll always reply '"Excellent!"' (whether they really are or not!) It's the Celebrity catchword! And it always amazes me how well they can remember your name, even if they're not someone who's directly interacting with you on a day to day basis.

Also, I merely asked the next day about the availability of papaya after having been told by my cabin mate that she had observed a greedy, laughing cruise guest stealing the only three whole ones that were placed on a stack at the Tropical Buffet and then took them back to her room or somewhere else out of the vicinity to eat for herself, and on the very last night of the cruise my waiter presented me with a plate of sliced papaya, telling me '"that it's the very last one on board"'! He knew that I would like to have some papaya after I told him what had happened, even though I never asked him directly to try and get it for me! It was a very nice surprise!

Starwatcher

I had a wonderful waiter, and an "excellent" time!

seem to be "Specials" day. When there are no folks aboard, the spa is half off. Also, do what I do. We board early & I head up to the spa to volunteer my body for treatments for the show to the cruisers later that day & the next day. I have gotten a few itneresting ones for FREE.

Hi All,

I do not know of a pre-cruise way to find out about specials they might be offering. There may be something on their website about the services they provide. The spa was always promoting something on our cruises and it was usually listed or inserted into the daily "newspaper" you receive each night.

I guess I would suggest you go to the spa as soon as you can after boarding and have a chat with the Spa Manager. He/She could/might give you a heads-up about what they will be offering during your cruise.

Good luck, I loved all my treatments and massages.

Enjoy,

Shannon

And it always amazes me how well they can remember your name, even if they're not someone who's directly interacting with you on a day to day basis.

I know how they do this.........when you check in at embarkation, Celebrity secretly imprints your name in special ink on your forehead, that is only visible with special glasses or contacts. :D :D :D

One thing I noticed was that if you ask a Celebrity staff member how they are doing or feeling, they'll always reply '"Excellent!"' (whether they really are or not!) It's the Celebrity catchword!

Had to put my two cents in here and let you know that on board there is a guideline from head office on what the appropriate answer to certain questions are. "Excellent" was to be the answer to, "how are you doing?". That is until one cruise when the comments came back from the guests. Most of the comments were about crew being "robots" and "machines" because they always responded with "excellent" instead of how they really were feeling. The next week there was a meeting and all crew were told to ignore the excellent comment and use whatever word you felt like. Talk about corporate programming to the 10th degree..Pretty funny huh...

Had to put my two cents in here and let you know that on board there is a guideline from head office on what the appropriate answer to certain questions are. "Excellent" was to be the answer to, "how are you doing?". That is until one cruise when the comments came back from the guests. Most of the comments were about crew being "robots" and "machines" because they always responded with "excellent" instead of how they really were feeling. The next week there was a meeting and all crew were told to ignore the excellent comment and use whatever word you felt like. Talk about corporate programming to the 10th degree..Pretty funny huh...

Wellll....cruise employee. Apparently some of the current staff didn't get the message from corporate because most all of them aboard the Mercury are still responding that way as of a week or so ago! :D I noticed it and started commenting about it to them as I was leaving - especially the poor guys that had to run around in the pouring rain with us upon disembarkation in San Diego.

And how DO they manage to remember your name so well? (haha, I don't buy the invisible ink on the forehead...!)

Starwatcher

little things I noticed!

Century class .... Family cabins all the way aft, no more $$ than a reg. ov room but large enough for 5 persons . also a slider door to seperate cabin. I think it is actually bigger than some small suites on other lines. TA didn't even know about these cabins.

Archived