Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

I am investigating private tours around Cork and have received the following response. If you are interested in being part of the group, provide your email address and I'll try to work out the details.

"In connection with the cruises I dont have a set of definite tours, I make out the tour to suit the interests of the clients.

However, a tour which is popular with previous clients takes in a couple of the West Cork country towns, such as Kinsale, together with some villages and costal scenery. A place of interest for many visitors is Blarney castle and its famous stone. A visit could be included with a certain amount of time adjustment to the West Cork tour to allow for a visit. I try to show visitors as much as possible in the time available, without rushing. If the photo sessions, or the long conversation with the locals cause delays, we adjust and drive a little faster if the road conditions allow.

I can offer you a 14 seat minibus at a cost of 370 euro for the day

I trust that you may find our quotation acceptable, I await your further instructions."

Cork tour:

I greew up in Cork City and played football on sundays on the Green at Blarney Castle.

I stay in Kinsale whenever I go back.

This sounds like a real nice tour. Hop on and have a load of fun.

Don't forget to Kiss the Blarney Stone.

Afterwards, there is some of the best shopping in Ireland at the Blarney woolen mills.

Jim

I am investigating private tours around Cork and have received the following response. If you are interested in being part of the group, provide your email address and I'll try to work out the details.

"In connection with the cruises I dont have a set of definite tours, I make out the tour to suit the interests of the clients.

However, a tour which is popular with previous clients takes in a couple of the West Cork country towns, such as Kinsale, together with some villages and costal scenery. A place of interest for many visitors is Blarney castle and its famous stone. A visit could be included with a certain amount of time adjustment to the West Cork tour to allow for a visit. I try to show visitors as much as possible in the time available, without rushing. If the photo sessions, or the long conversation with the locals cause delays, we adjust and drive a little faster if the road conditions allow.

I can offer you a 14 seat minibus at a cost of 370 euro for the day

I trust that you may find our quotation acceptable, I await your further instructions."

If the tour is on Thrusday, September 15, 2005, please send me information when it is available.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I loved the Aqua Spa cafe on Infinity. I have been on Galaxy twice and don't remember seeing a cafe near the spa, but it is so hard to see everything. Is there an alternative place for lunch on the Galaxy that is similar in menu to the M-class Aqua Spa cafe?

Thank you all for these wonderful tips.

I loved the Aqua Spa cafe on Infinity. I have been on Galaxy twice and don't remember seeing a cafe near the spa, but it is so hard to see everything. Is there an alternative place for lunch on the Galaxy that is similar in menu to the M-class Aqua Spa cafe?

Thank you all for these wonderful tips.

Sadly, no. We're scheduled for Galaxy again in December, and I'm going to miss lunch at the Aqua Spa after several M-Class cruises.

Wheres a good plac\e on the Celebrity Summit to relax while the masses disembark? I like the idea of snacks/coffee etc while you wait "patiently" Thanks WALT & anyone else that can help. Susan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our little secret.

We hate disembarkation lines and the absence of any activities except sitting and waiting. We book a mid-afternoon flight.

We get some coffee and goodies in the buffet then head out for the Lido Deck and sit on deck reading and/or reflecting on the experience. Flat out relaxing on a deck of a cruise ship with no reason to rush off. Empty deck, coffee refills available and catch the rays we missed by sleeping in during the cruise.

Life is wonderful.

Once the feverish masses finish their exercise in voluntary masochism, pushing and shoving to get off first, we stroll off the ship later with only a few others in line, relaxed and ready for the fun and games to come at the airport.

After many cruises I keep wondering why people book early flights then spend the entire cruise worrying about making the plane. We always take a later flight with others who know our secret and still get home at a decent hour. Late enough to avoid the hassle but early enough to open the mail and have another "Special Drink of the Day" in our own house.

Unpacking and cleaning up can wait until tomorrow...maybe.

Walt Tuthill

Cruise Board Moderator

faq_answers_hdr.gif

spacer.gif

What are the prices for onboard drinks?

Subject: Food and Beverage

Coffee, tea, and milk:

Complimentary onboard all ships in all lounges except for Cova Cafe.

Alcoholic Beverage Prices:

• Aperitifs: $5.00
  • Standard alcohol: $5.25 and up
  • Premium alcohol: $5.50 and up
  • Cocktails: $4.25 and up
  • Wine glass: $5.50 and up
  • Champagne glass: $6.95 and up
  • Domestic beer: $3.50
  • Imported beer: $4.25

Non-Alcoholic Beverage Prices:

• Soft drink (glass): $1.25
  • Soft drink (can): $1.95
  • Water: $2.25 and up
  • Drinks purchased in souvenir glass: $7.95

Coffee, tea, and milk:

Complimentary onboard all ships in all lounges except for Cova Cafe.

Note: all prices are quoted in U.S. dollars. Prices are subject to change and 15% gratuity is additional.

Thank you - on Royal Caribbean they had lemonade too - I'll bring powdered lemonade for my son who doesn't care for carbonated beverages - he likes milk too but you can only drink so much milk!

Maybe the policy has changed regarding the T-pool since this post began. I sailed on the Mercury in April of this year, in a suite, and there was no charge to use the T-pool.... I simply went up to the counter and asked if there was a charge for suite guests, and she told me no.... In I went, free of charge.

I got this off X web site hope it helps

Persian Garden

As you enter the Persian Garden, the exotic aroma of healing eucalyptus envelops your senses. Wrap yourself in the caressing steam and cleansing heat as you recline on a marble lounge. Luxuriate in the ambiance of calming new age music as you enjoy the warmth of a steam or your own private sauna. Surrounded by beauty and serenity, relax and renew your sense of wellness in this exotic retreat.

Available for a small fee on all Millennium-class ships, the Persian Garden provides the sophisticated amenity you so richly deserve.

*Enjoy complimentary use of the Thalassotherapy Pool aboard our fleet of ships with the exception of the Century, Galaxy, and Mercury, which offer pool use for a small fee. Package options are available for purchase. Suite guests enjoy complimentary use of the pool at all times. Thalassotherapy Pool is not available onboard Horizon and Zenith.

Plumeria

On our two cruises so far with X, Lemonade, Ice Tea, Coffee, "Fruit" Punch, and "Orange" Juice were available. Orange Juice in the AM, Punch after that.

All at no extra charge. Leave the fake powerded stuff at home. Drink the REAL Powerded stuff for free from X.

Celebrity drug test employees!

On the Galaxy, 4-14-05 sailing, it was a whole new troupe of dancers...the previous group was off loaded in Galveston..seems they all failed their drug tests.

(Info came from the Enterinment Director one evening in Michaels)

Okay let me get this straight,

At dinner How many main course's i have? and how much dessert (assuming i am eating in the main dinning room) I am 21 years old, and i like to eat, and on carnival and royal carribian, they just keep bring it.

And the use of the Sauna and jacuzzi's are an extra cost? what is the cost and what does it include? Cause on carnival and royal caribian it was included.

Okay let me get this straight,

At dinner How many main course's i have? and how much dessert (assuming i am eating in the main dinning room) I am 21 years old, and i like to eat, and on carnival and royal carribian, they just keep bring it.

And the use of the Sauna and jacuzzi's are an extra cost? what is the cost and what does it include? Cause on carnival and royal caribian it was included.

As to the food, the answer is "until it hurts".

As for the "jacuzzi", if you are any of the following ships - Summit, Millennium, Constellation, Infinity - there is no charge. While I haven't given it a try, I understand that the saunas are also available (wet or dry). For other services, there are various charges.

On the other Celebrity ships, there is a charge for the "jacuzzi" (actually, it's a lot bigger than that) unless you're in a suite.

Thank you, i was a little worried for a second.
No need to worry. Often, double is really double -- for example, I'll eat half a dozen chops on rack-of-lamb night, and they usually serve three. To keep it simple, they just bring up an entire plate again, veggies, potatoes and all, to make it an even six!

I asked our waiter if they would have moussaka at dinner during the cruise. He said he would find out, and told me that they did not plan to but he would have a surprise for us. The next night he had a special plate of moussaka for our entire table!

Archived