Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

:D

Some thoughts:

1. Water. We had a regular balcony cabin on the Connie in Sept and always had fresh water. If you do not have it and would like it, just ask. Water is fine on the ship.

2. Persian Garden: My husband and I thought it was just a place to spend more money on. We were wrong, it was magic......peppermint showers, relaxing ambiance and of course the incredible Razul.......believe me, this is soemthing you want to do with your partner. Romance Romance Romane and lots of laughs. Yes, you pay about $90 to have a water and mud battle, but it is soooo much more and you do not have to clean it up!

3. On the ask and you shall recieve, chocolate covered strawberries. Ask your assistant matre'd. you may only get them once or twice, but sooo worth it.

I am going to ask for the escargot and creme brulee more. Can't wait for November.............

Okay, now you are talking. This is the best advice I have read. So, do you pay one price for the persian gardens? How much? What do they have to offer? When should I go?

You can order chocolate covered strawberries when? In your room? At dinner? We have Concierge if that means anything to help me. I love this. TELL ME MORE.:D

dmarch,

The best-kept secret of all is that you can get a shipboard credit on every Celebrity cruise by owning 100 shares of the common stock of the parent company, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL), either directly or through a brokerage or retirement account. The credit is $50 on cruises of five days or less, $100 on cruises of six to eight days, $200 on cruises of nine to thirteen days, and $250 on cruises of fourteen days or more, and is fully combinable with any other offer or promotion from Celebrity Cruises. For more information, see the form to obtain the discount (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/reports/Shareholder_Benefit2.pdf) and the associated FAQ (http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/nys/rcl/RCL_FAQ.pdf) on the parent company's investor web site (http://www.royalcaribbeaninvestor.com).

BTW, the discount also applies to cruises on sister line Royal Caribbean International.

Norm.

How BIG :confused: is the BIG bottle of spring water Celebrity puts in every cabin?

Personally, I don't drink tap :( water and since this is my first cruise, I was wondering about the drinking water, especially what Celebrity charges for bottled water.

Thanks.

Juhli

The bottle isn't huge - I think it was more like 1.5 liters than 2. We like bottled water, even though our steward kept a pitcher of water in our room. We always ask the steward to make sure there are always a couple of full bottles there every day.

Hi Jcarcaramo:

Check out the previous posts on this thread, I think you'll find a lot of info. If you still have questions, please post them and we will all try to answer. Lots of people had a bunch of info and my husband and I have learned a great deal on this thread.

Cruisenuts, I have been on the Infinity and have been to Hawaii. What is it that you would like to know about the balcony cabins on the penthouse deck? I did sailed twice in sky suites on that deck. They were very nice and quiet. The views straight down to the water was obscured by lifeboats in some cases. is there any other information you need?

Linda

I am particularly interested in the Sky Suites midship (6099, 6100, 6101, 6102). Have heard that they are (1) quiet and stable; (2) have smaller balconies than the SkySuites aft; (3) overlook lifeboats (but does this really take away from the view?); some balconies are viewable from the glass elevators. Any other information that would be useful about these?

Hi Dave. I do not recall ever seeing a balcony from the glass elevators. I suppose it is possible, but you would really have to try! THe Sky Suites sre not next to the elevator on that side in any case. Those cabins are definitely in a quiet location.

Remember that the glass elevators are only on one side of the ship (that would be on the odd-numbered side). On the other side, you have the Celebrity Suites next door and they definitely can see on to your balcony. We had 6102 on our first cruise on Celebrity. Thank goodness, the people in the CS closed the curtain otherwise they could have looked right on to the balcony! I would avoid that one, but the other suites you listed are fine.

I was not particularly bothered by the lifeboats below since mostly I looked out rather than down. As for the balcony size, if they were smaller, it was not by much. With a few exceptions (noted in other posts), the Sky Suite balconies are not that large--room for a couple of chairs and a table.

Linda

:rolleyes: Would someone describe the peppermint shower? Ahhhhhh......

There are several shower areas in the persian garden illuminated by different colored lights and scents. The one I remember fully was the peppermint. It was basically aromatherarpy in a shower but it feels great!

this thread needs to be bumped up so could anyone tell me if the balcony of cabin#7173 on millie is covered, partially covered, or exposed to the sun? I know that the cabin has one of the larger balconies but cannot determine exactly what is above it. I guess that the part of this thread that is a secret is the fact that the balcony is larger!

We bought the stock and it has already gone up in price from where purchased it. This plus the $250 shipboard credit is an excellent return on our money. It was timely as we are on the August 27th sailing of the Constellation.

We bought the stock and it has already gone up in price from where purchased it. This plus the $250 shipboard credit is an excellent return on our money. It was timely as we are on the August 27th sailing of the Constellation.

How much did 100 shares cost you?

I checked the other day and RCL was trading at $48.75 a share, so at this point we're talking close to $5k. If I (a) had that kind of money to invest and (b) took like 10 cruises a year, I'd consider it!

We are just about to purchase 100 shares of RCL. The credit is just an added bonus, but not enough to buy the stock which could easily fluctuate that much in a day! Still, there is something kind of nice about having that extra $250 for our 14 day Panama Canal cruise coming up in October.

Does anyone know if we buy the stock now whether we can still get the credit on the cruise we've already booked?

All you have to do is send them the Stock Holders Benefit Form and prove you have bought the stock.

When we bought Rccl it was at a 12 month high. We bought it because the on-board credit for the two cruises we had booked. Figure we could not lose as we could sell it after the two cruises. :cool:

That was two years ago when it was $21 and we have taken 4 cruise and have 3 more booked, by the way it also pays dividends.

So in two years it has doubled in price and we have $850 in on-board credit plus over $100 in dividends and this year we will get $500 more on-board credit. :eek:

Needless to say we are glad we bought it. We just hope it keeps going up. :D

Buying this stock could be the best investment you'll make, IF you are an avid cruiser. I took 11 1/3 cruises in '04 and collected shareholders benefits on every one. And I bought the stock high (40) but I've still made money! That little $4000. investment has really paid off!

The benefit comes up for renewal every May. It should be renewed again this year, but even if it isn't, any cruises booked prior to the date this one runs out will be honored.

you can have shrimp cocktail, salmon and baked potato any night in the dining room
hi does that aplie to the century as well we are thinking on that shipfor our holidays this year and have you been on that ship i wouls lov to know about it thank:)

Yes - the routine is to submit the form, AFTER, you've booked the cruise and have the reservation number. Just send it over after you get your statements showing the share ownership. If you don't have enough time then I beleive they'll accept the trade notice/confirmation showing the purchase of the stock.

Does anyone know if we buy the stock now whether we can still get the credit on the cruise we've already booked?

LSimon....I believe Gail was on a cruise with 2 friends and they had to leave before it was over due to an emergency.

I still keep looking at that amount.........11 cruises in one year:eek: ........

And I thought I had done ok in 2004.......I went on 4.......

Maybe I should look into buying some stock? I am very challenged when it comes that this kind of thing.....I do know to make any amount of $$$ back you should invest a good amount.......but what If you want to start out small?

Thanks for the stock tip. Just purchased my minimum 100 shares. This will be an extra $250 for my already booked July2 Med cruise on Millie! My broker said the stock is listed as a recommended "buy" from his firm (Bear Stearns), so I figure I can't lose and can always sell. Already making a 5% return just with the $250 shipboard credit! Not bad.

Lois,

Thanks for straightening out that 1/3 cruise deal, but who was the other friend I was with? Far as I know, it was just me and Earl? LOL!!!

I've also advised you in the past to buy the stock! It's a good deal and it pays dividends! Depending on the type of 401k you have, you might could buy it for part of that, or have the admin person of your 401k buy it. If not, do you have a stockbroker? If you need to buy small, the trick us not to pay so much to have it bought eACH time.

I opened up an Ameritrade account just to buy this stock. The stock is totally seperate from any thing else I own, they were having 10 free trades when I signed up and now IF I need to send anything to X, I just send the entire statement .

Lois, how many cruises are you doing this year, including the last one? Now figure an extra $100 on each of those seven night cruises and that's what you would have made so far.

Also, why don't you book a cruise onboard, one say in the first part of '06.

Then when you decide to book another cruise, you've got automatic onboard credits. I hardly ever take a cruise without the onboards. It makes for a nicer cruise to know you've got that bar money already takem care of.

Probably more than you wanted to know. Sorry. I just hate to see people give away 'free' money!

Gail

Archived