Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

If you own 100 shares of Royal Caribbean stock, you get an on-board credit based on the length of the cruise. The form is available at royalcaribbean.com. Click on "OUR COMPANY" at the bottom left of the home page. Click on "Shareholder Discount" at the top of the Our Company page. Print the form. Complete it and fax along with proof that you own 100 shares.

When I printed the form yesterday, it says that "Revervations must be booked no later than May 1, 2005" to qualify for the credit.

Credits are "per stateroom."

$250 for cruise 14+ nights.

$200 for cruise 9-13 nights.

$100 for cruise 6-8 nights.

$50 for cruise 5 nights or less.

Hope this helps.

The benefit comes up for renewal every May. It should be renewed again this year, but even if it isn't, any cruises booked prior to the date this one runs out will be honored.

How will we find out if it has been renewed in May? What can/can't the shipboard credits be used for? I am assuming all gift shop items, spa treatments, beverages and special meals purchased onboard, yes? Can it be used for gratuities? Can it be used for excursions? Do you forfeit any amount you do not use during your cruise or does it get carried over to your next cruise?

It is per stock holder and one per stateroom. The number of people in stateroom has no effect.

We are two friends who are each RCL shareholders who will be in one cabin for our July 2nd Celebrity Med cruise. I just emailed this very question (will we get one or two credits if we are both in same cabin?). Here is the answer I got:

"Yes, you would each receive the onboard credit. You would each need to provide proof of ownership. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Tensi Westreicher

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "

We are two friends who are each RCL shareholders who will be in one cabin for our July 2nd Celebrity Med cruise. I just emailed this very question (will we get one or two credits if we are both in same cabin?). Here is the answer I got:

"Yes, you would each receive the onboard credit. You would each need to provide proof of ownership. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Tensi Westreicher

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. "

Thanks for posting this. I was under the impression that you could get two credits per stateroom if there would be two people holding 100 shares each. But I wasn´t sure anymore after reading the previous posts.

I just emailed this very question (will we get one or two credits if we are both in same cabin?). Here is the answer I got:

Trudzie: Would it be possible to give me Tenzi Westreicher's email address?

I am starting a new tread on this subject as it has veered off the OP thread.

Ahhh

I emailed shareholderbenefit@rccl.com with my question. Tensi Westreicher responded. The email address that she sent it from was still shareholderbenefit@rccl.com. I got this information thanks to the posting from REV22:17 (#278 on this thread), I printed those forms and on the RCCL Frequently asked questions there was contact information and information about where to send proof etc.

My husband is a huge "plain food" fan. Plain baked potato, plain grilled chicken or shrimp cocktail is his nirvana. (Personally, I look forward to the variety all year). What were the alternative choices in the Dining room again?

Thanks...

My husband is a huge "plain food" fan. Plain baked potato, plain grilled chicken or shrimp cocktail is his nirvana. (Personally, I look forward to the variety all year). What were the alternative choices in the Dining room again? Thanks...
Your husband should have no problem satisfying his gustatory protocol--you can get these items with no problem. If items require a special cooking method, it helps if you let the Assistant Maitre d' know in advance (the night before is good)

Here's a tip: In the CC cabins (and maybe others) you can get fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice. We order 4 and then chill them in the frig until our pre-dinner cocktail that we usually mix before heading to dinner.

You can take the honor bar items out of the frig. and keep your own drinks cold. Just be sure to put them back before you leave so you don't have to pay their prices. (Note: Our own drinks tend to be items not available on ship like local beers.)

"Originally Posted by VMontana

My husband is a huge "plain food" fan. Plain baked potato, plain grilled chicken or shrimp cocktail is his nirvana. (Personally, I look forward to the variety all year). What were the alternative choices in the Dining room again? Thanks..."

There are always three items that can be ordered that night -- Steak, Chicken & fish. They are not on the menu but you can order them if you don't like what is on the menu that night.

My wife and I always have a Shrimp cocktail every night and Ice tea. We just tell the waiter the first night. From then on they are delivered. :)

You can take the honor bar items out of the frig. and keep your own drinks cold. Just be sure to put them back before you leave so you don't have to pay their prices. (Note: Our own drinks tend to be items not available on ship like local beers.)

I've read elsewhere that you can ask your cabin steward or butler to just remove these items from your cabin. Is that true, or do you need to "store" them somewhere and replace them at the end of the cruise?

Thanks!

I've read elsewhere that you can ask your cabin steward or butler to just remove these items from your cabin. Is that true, or do you need to "store" them somewhere and replace them at the end of the cruise?

I am sure they would store them. we never thought to ask. Also, we stashed some on the self between the TV and the frig, but we discovered that there is a hole in the bacl of the shelf that is big enough for cans to fall---then, every time the ship moves, we heard cans rolling behind the frig. We called and they sent a man to unbolt the frig and get the cans out. He was nice and said "it happens all the time."

• 3 weeks later...

<(Note: Our own drinks tend to be items not available on ship like local beers.)>

If we take out the ship's items in the fridge and replace them with things we've brought from home or bought in port, the cabin steward always removes the ship's items from the cabin. However, when we have purchased vodka or liqueurs in Mexico, for example, we have to turn those over when we reboard the ship. I would think that when you purchase beer in a port, the same thing would happen. ???:confused:

from just touching an item, not even picking it up...........

So let hte Steward clear it out so you have room to put stuff in. Make sure it gets cold too as we had on that was warm the whole 2 weeks & champagne exploded with the Housekeeping Manager in the stateroom, talk about good timing ;-)

Thanks!

Does anyone know if you can get fresh cut up fruit after dinner? Can you get Crandberry juice in your room everyday.

Yes, you can get fresh fruit after dinner every night. Every night, I get cut up vegetables (and dip, if you want it) before dinner (better than eating bread) and a bowl of berries after dinner (I prefer fruit to sweets). All you have to do is ask your waiter the first night and it will be there everyday for you. If for some reason we will not be having dinner and we know it in advance (e.g. reservations in the speciality restaurant), we let the waiter know.

We also received fresh berries each night for dessert on Millennium - can get whip cream for them (or ice cream) if desired. Fabulous, fresh, huge raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. Shrimp cocktail & ceasar salad are also always available.

The best lunch on the ship is at the Spa cafe - no lines, fresh, creative fare. (That, and the french fries from the grill - which were the best I've ever had)

The sushi was quite good for "bulk" preparation - and a nice pre-dinner snack for late seating - not so good if you have main seating. (Doesn't start serving until 6)

<(Note: Our own drinks tend to be items not available on ship like local beers.)>

If we take out the ship's items in the fridge and replace them with things we've brought from home or bought in port, the cabin steward always removes the ship's items from the cabin. However, when we have purchased vodka or liqueurs in Mexico, for example, we have to turn those over when we reboard the ship. I would think that when you purchase beer in a port, the same thing would happen. ???:confused:

No. I always bring a bit of beer on with my drag bag as we get onto the ship.

I also re-stock with local brew whenever I need to.

They have never asked or tried to take anything from me as I come back on.

The secret to the internet on ship is to have all your messages prebuilt before connecting (use cut and paste with word or wordpad) Ditto for the downloads.

But overall, you are right. Ship charges are high, connections are slow, and drop outs are legendary!

Also, if you see that they are doing a Internet class, you an get free internet for 30 minutes (you just have to sit though the class).

Now you see the techie in me.

Archived