Canopy Tour/Dirty Sneakers??

Maxiecat3

Have a question for you seasoned cruisers. We plan on doing the Canopy tour in Jamaica. The web site leads me to believe that it could be muddy/dirty and footwear could need to be cleaned. If sneakers are worn, can they be sent to the onboard laundry service? Or would anybody recommend an old pair(which I have) be worn and then just thrown away. Any options for other footwear by previous tour goers?

Thanks,

Gregg

I never wear sneakers on a cruise, so cleaning dirty ones would not be high on my list of things to do! If you have something old and ratty--bring them and toss them afterwards. Even if you brought decent sneakers, unless you planned to wear them later, I'd wrap them in a plastic bag and bring them home for washing.

We just did the canopy tour last Wed. and I wore sport sandals. The ground was dry so I didn't dirty my shoes. But then again, if it rains, I could see it getting muddy. I noticed one person on the tour wearing flip flops even! So I guess it depends on the weather. If it's sunny and warm, then you probably won't dirty your shoes.

We went in Oct....We were told we had to have shoes that could be attached to our feet. No Flip Flops as they can fall off in "flight".

I wanted to wear my water shoes or crocs. However, again told that when you trek up the hills you need good gripping shoes. You don't want to slip and slide down the hill.

I ended up going to Kmart and bought a $2. pair of Keds wanna-be's. I figured it they got dirty. I would throw them away.

The trip was awesome, no rain so the shoes were as white when we were done as when I arrived. Brought them home, figured I may need them on another excursion sometime.

We did this during a very wet week in June. It was very muddy and very slippery. I ended up feeling like I was wearing half of the Jamaican Jungle:eek:. It was a blast though!! I would definitely recommend taking shoes that I was willing to toss afterwards!

We went on the canopy tour in October and went prepared with old shoes that we planned to discard afterwards. As it turned out, there it was not muddy and our shoes were OK but we tossed them anyway because that is what we planned on doing. It does rain a lot in the forest, so I would still plan on some mud. I would not wear watershoes for you will need more support than they offer. Some of the trails are steep and rocky.

We went on the canopy tour in October and went prepared with old shoes that we planned to discard afterwards. As it turned out, there it was not muddy and our shoes were OK but we tossed them anyway because that is what we planned on doing. It does rain a lot in the forest, so I would still plan on some mud. I would not wear watershoes for you will need more support than they offer. Some of the trails are steep and rocky.

Archived