Hotel Transfers

gr8aunt

I purchased--from Oceania--a two night stay in London after my cruise. I am told I now have to purchase an air deviation which includes a fee plus additional air fare and supply my own transportation from the hotel to the airport. Am I reading the literature incorrectly which says that transfers are included in the hotel package?

• 13 years later...

Yes, things have changed since then. If I'm remembering correctly, these days the purchase of a hotel stay through Oceania includes a transfer (and a few other perks, I think, as well) ... but you probably would need to purchase the deviation IF you are using Oceania's air. You don't have to do so if you are booking their hotel package -- you can do your own air and still use their hotel package.

Bear in mind that their hotel prices are vastly more then you would pay if you booked the same hotel on your own. That's a lot more $$$ than a free transfer to the airport!

We've never used an Oceania hotel package although on occasion we have used the same hotel, we just booked it on our own. Very occasionally we've used their air but we generally book our own there as well. Not always, though! Sometimes it's worth it to use theirs. (It's easier for us than it is for many others since we fly from NYC.)