LAX or Long Beach

CoupleOnTheGo

I'm wondering if I should fly into LAX or Long Beach for my cruise with Royal Caribbean on Monarch of the Seas. Also, anyone have suggestions for the best way for a large group to get from the airport to the pier?

Long Beach is a much smaller airport...make that MUCH, MUCH smaller airport...easier to navigate, fewer lines, less problems with security, check-in, etc. ...It is 15 miles from the pier in Pedro (LAX is 20) and the route can be all surface streets--you avoid the freeways...

The only negative is that you don't have as much of a choice of flights--if any...Fewer airlines use Long Beach...and from not as many places...

But, if you are lucky enough to be somewhere from which you can fly direct to Long Beach, go for it...

As to best way to move a lot of people? Call the various shuttle companies that serve the area...

We just returned from our NCL cruise out of San Pedro. We flew JetBlue into Long Beach. It worked great! TINY airport...no jetway, they use the stairs on the tarmac to board. There were only 2 of us, so we took a cab, which was a posted $39 flat fee. Super Shuttle is $17/person one way. Good deal for large group.

Archived