Which Vancouver hotel for HAL free pre-cruise night?

Silverwing

We are taking advantage of HAL's offer of a free pre-cruise night in a downtown Vancouver hotel for S suite passengers before our Alaska cruise in July. Our TA has told me that we won't know which hotel we have been allocated until our documents arrive. Has anyone taken advantage of this offer? Out of interest we would like to know which hotels are used by HAL in Vancouver.

Unfortunately you may not find out till you receive your Docs or if you TA can pull it up on the computer a few days after you have made final payment. Last year it was between the Pan Pacific and the Fairmont Waterfront. We stayed there twice last year thru HAL we were told when we booked with the promotion that the May cruise would be the Pan Pacific and the September would be the Fairmont. Well, it was the opposite. But both are great hotels. We will again go in October and booked thru HAL. Right now we have no idea but will gladly take either one:)

Many thanks for your reply, Lisa. We are from England and were last in Vancouver in 1982! I have now checked the websites of the hotels you mentioned - both look just fine to me! As well as our Ryndam cruise from Vancouver to Seward, our month long trip involves 3 flights, 3 car hires and 12 different accommodations (hotels and b&bs) in Vancouver and Alaska, as well as stays with two sets of friends. It will be our first cruise and our first trip to Alaska. I have had great fun researching this trip - we're so excited! Everything is booked and confirmed, so the only blank on my planning sheet is the pre-cruise night. Having your recommendation for both hotels makes me feel much happier. We followed your Alaska cruise on here last May, which was just before we booked ours. It all sounded wonderful, especially as we have an S suite on the Ryndam too.

Lisa's correct - HAL will most likely place you in either the Fairmont Waterfront or the Pan Pacific - both of which are located right at Canada Place where your cruise ship will leave from, and both are fantastic. Both have an option to handle the transfer of your luggage to the ship for you - all you have to do is go down and check yourself in!

Fairmount chain is the best chain in Canada. They have a hotel at the airport and in the center of the city.

Taxi fare from Airport to city center is about $15.00 CDN.

I'm afraid not. The fare will be close to C$30.00 one way.

Thank you for your replies. Fortunately we are arriving in Vancouver a week before our cruise and picking up a car at the airport and heading off to Vancouver Island to stay with friends. We have requested a downtown hotel so I guess it will be the Fairmont Waterfront or the Pan Pacific - I think we'll be more than happy with either of those! Once we are advised which one it is, should we be thinking about requesting a particular room/view?

Just my opinion, we always stay at the Pan Pacific when in Vancouver. It is a great hotel, with wonderful food, and outstanding service... and the views are awesome. Nothing like sitting over the cruise port and seeing all the ships coming in and out. The hotel handles all your luggage's transfer to the ship. Staying at this hotel is just a perfect way to start your cruise off especially for someone who is staying in a suite for their Alaska cruise. All rooms have great views, no need to worry about that. You cannot go wrong staying at the Pan Pacific.

Archived