Land and Sea excursion???

Bruin Steve

Okay, so in planning for our June 30 Liberty of the Seas cruise, we've been going over our excursion options...

Generally, though we've done both private tours and ship's excursions, we're always a little wary of doing other than the ship's offerings in ports with which we are unfamiliar-especially in "third world" locations...So, we are mainly looking at the ship's excursions here...since we have never been to Grand Cayman before...

Neither of us really enjoy snorkeling (I have problems breathing through the danged things!) and we don't like to waste our time lounging on the beach (We can do that at home)...

I know Stingray City is a big thing here, but since the Steve Irwin incident, my wife has a major phobia regarding the Stingrays (whether warranted or not, I need to respect her phobias)...

That seems to narrow things down a bit...After that narrowing, my wife seemed drawn to this one: "Land & Sea" (I cut and pasted the brief description below)...Basically, the Nautilus, a stop at the Governor's Mansion at 7 Mile Beach, the Turtle Farm, Hell and the Rum Cake Center...We imagine that we could spend the rest of the day wandering around town (I assume there's one close to the ship) and shopping...

Anyone ever done this tour? Thoughts? Thanks...

>>Land & Sea

3 hours and 30 minutes - $70 pp

This tour incorporates the island's best features above and below the water. Travel in the Nautilus, the most luxurious semi-submarine in the world, and explore the marine paradise of Cheeseburger Reef and the ghostly, ancient shipwrecks of the Cali and Balboa. Our expert narrator and fish-feeding divers make it an adventure to be remembered for a lifetime.

Then step aboard air-conditioned coaches for a memorable tour along the west bay peninsula. A brief stop at the Governor's residence located on Seven Mile Beach, one of the worlds most spectacular, then we're off to visit the world's only green sea turtle farm. Our experienced guides explain all about the tiny hatchlings to the big breeders in their lagoons. You can even pick up a turtle for a photograph. Our next stop is a visit to Hell, so named for its unusual rock formations. At sunset, when the orange sun reflects off the water collected in the pools, it resembles a burning hellfire. This is a favorite stop to mail postcards and have them postmarked from Hell. After a brief stop at one of the island's rum cake centers for an opportunity to sample this island delicacy, you'll return to the cruise ship landing, where you are within walking distance of the downtown shops.<<

Archived