Amtrack: Coach vs Business Class

sunshine426

I am wondering what the difference is between Business Class and Coach on Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver. Would love to hear from some who have advise on this quetion. Thanks

I have only been in the business class section and I thought it was well worth the $12 extra that I paid, you have an assigned seat. The seats are set up 2 together and then one across the isle. They even played a movie. It is a little bumpy going through Vancouver, but once you are out of the city it was a pretty smooth ride.

So, business class seats are in separate cars from coach? Sorry to sound so uniformed, but I can't find much info on amtrak's web page and I am trying to get a mental picture. One of our party is really watching the $$ and I want to be able to "sell" the value of business class. Thanks

So, business class seats are in separate cars from coach? Sorry to sound so uniformed, but I can't find much info on amtrak's web page and I am trying to get a mental picture. One of our party is really watching the $$ and I want to be able to "sell" the value of business class. Thanks

That is correct, I believe there are cars that are for business class and they are near the front of the train.

I hope this link will work for you.

If not, I went to amtrak.com, clicked Traveling with Amtrak on the orange "bar" going across the top, then down to Onboard and clicked "Seating Accommodations".

Even though I don't always go Business, I do always get reserved Coach. Unless you're alone, it just makes sense to be sure there's space for you and your companion(s) to sit next to each other. All that is arranged at the station; I recall first checking in at the desk, and then later standing in the line before getting on the train.

This should show you the specific info about the Business class section. Don't get sidetracked by the Acela express info; as far as I remember, that's an East Coast train thing.

And while going through the online process (totally easy IMO, and if you're a AAA member remember to enter that info in while making the reservation, and you should get 10% off) be sure to check out the links they give for the specific train you'll be on. As you'll notice from the links there's a lot of "on some trips" caveats going on.

No matter, it should be a nice trip. :) Look out the window at the water. Lovely.

Thanks for providing the links. I had been on Amtrak's web page, but when I looked at the diagrams I really couldn't see much difference in the actual seats between classes. I have to wait for one member of our party to get her new passport then I'll book all 4 seats. At this time, both classes are still available. We cruise in August. :D

Archived