Getting from LAX to the port

jobythebay

jo

How do people get to the port? Thanks for the info.:)

We are not booking air with the cruise.

You can still use your cruise line's transfer service. Basically, they will have representatives meet you in your airline's baggage claim area to form groups and lead the groups to the transfer buses. You have to book it through your travel agent in advance. Also, some cruise lines require your travel agent to provide your flight itinerary before they will confirm the transfer service.

If you are booking your own flights, have your travel agent obtain the cruise line's policy on acceptable time of arrival on embarkation day and time of departure on disembarkation day before you book your flights, whether you decide to use the cruise line's transfer service of not, and make sure that your flights conform to the requirements.

Norm.

Last year we flew into LA and just rented a car for one day and dropped near the pier. The cost for the one-day rental was less than $20. If you are staying overnight near the pier some of the hotels offer free transportation to the pier. As someone else said you can also use the super shuttle and save some money. I try to watch expenses when on a cruise and try to avoid lining the cruiselines pockets with money as much as possible. I always make my own arrangements as much as possible.

Do you mind if I ask who you got that great price from? Thanks

Archived