Laser Hair removal

furkidsmom

I have had my legs done twice. Didn't hurt much, but definitely take some advil or motrin first! Hair grows in cycles, so each area needs to be done 4-6 times to be completely hair free. After 2 times, my hair grows much slower, so I am shaving half as often, and I only have hair in what is best described as 'patches' on my legs. You can't tell when you only have a couple days worth of stubble, but now that it's winter and I've gotten lazy, you can really tell. So sessions are usually scheduled 6-8 weeks apart, so you'll need to start now if you are going somewhere this fall...

A doctor that I used to work for runs a clinic close to here, so I've been going there. I have also gotten IPL done to my face to remove the redness from my acne scarring, and it has been GREAT, but i need to go at least a few more times... And I seem to get a 30% discount off these prices, but they are relatively standard prices around here after doing some research. These prices are in CDN funds...

Price List 2006 (subject to change)

Hair Removal (per session)

Sciton Profile 1064 Nd Yag Laser The worlds fastest, gentle laser medically proven to reduce hair growth permanently.

Chin $85 Upper Lip $65

Sideburns $90 Neck $90

Cheeks $120 Full Face $250

Special – Lip and Chin $130

Abdomen $250 Shoulders $240

Back $400-$600 Chest $300-$400

Underarms $130 Forearms $240

Special – Bikini Line and Underarms $249

Bikini Line $130 Bikini & prt. thigh $180

Brazilian $175 Full Legs $575

Full Monty $225 Lower Legs $300

Thighs $325 Abdominal Strip $90

I'm saving my pennies for laser on my legs! My friend got it done and she absolutely loves it. I had electrolysis done on my eyebrows a couple of years ago. I just recently went back for a touch up. I need to go again because a couple of weeks before the appointment, I plucked a few here & there so she wasn't able to see them, obviously. I just pluck those extra 7 strays...no biggie. Best thing I've done! Yes, you have to go to several sessions, and yes it hurts, but it's worth it. Also, they sell a numbing cream for about $14. Works pretty good.

furkidsmom - Yes its worth it, yes its expensive, but I had my bikini area done about 3 years ago and I have the say, it worked great. Keep in mind the amount of sessions varies from person to person, alot has to do with your hair color and also its best to go in the winter months, so theres no sun exposure for awhile, because it can affect the treatments. YES it hurts, or at least on me it did, but thats because I have fair skin also. Advill taken before is a good idea, wish I had thought of it.

Good luck!

I had full legs and underarms done and mine did not hurt. They said people with darker more corse hair hurt more. I totally would do again. Mine was every 12 weeks for a year and cost me $2500.

I am in the process of having my chin area done (gotta love turning 40), just had my third procedure. No real pain, a few zingers on occasion, but a pretty fast and simple process. About $600 for the series (6 visits), so pretty pricey. One thing they mention is darker hair is easier to eliminate than blonde/white hair. In fact these shades may not be able to be completely eliminated.

One thing I would mention, as well, is that I tried electrolosis and the laser is MUCH better. More comfortable, quicker and faster results. Even though it it more expensive, I would recommend it.

My friends and I have lots of laser experience as my SIL is an RN and basically got her license while working on us. She now owns her own laser and has a very successful business doing it in Ventura CA. It is definitely pricey but imagine all the $ you will save on razors and waxing? Plus no more red bumps and ingrown hairs!

I have done my chin twice, legs once, underarms 7 times and bikini 7 times. DH has done his back 3 times. I have fair skin and dark hair so my underarms and bikini line are basically hair free now. The pain depends on the area, the person doing it and how well your numbing cream works. Always use the numbing cream for atleast an hour and wrap the area with saran wrap so it seaps into the skin. That said I have had some ouchy moments!!

Last time my DH did it he also had a few shots of tequila which seemed to help. The back is tough and takes a while.

Good Luck!!

A:D

I am in the process of having my chin area done (gotta love turning 40), just had my third procedure. No real pain, a few zingers on occasion, but a pretty fast and simple process. About $600 for the series (6 visits), so pretty pricey. One thing they mention is darker hair is easier to eliminate than blonde/white hair. In fact these shades may not be able to be completely eliminated.

One thing I would mention, as well, is that I tried electrolosis and the laser is MUCH better. More comfortable, quicker and faster results. Even though it it more expensive, I would recommend it.

Darker hair on light skin and lighter hair on dark skin. An African-Canadian friend of mine went and was told that only the "silver bullets" would get eliminated and the rest would be hit or miss.

Viv

I had my brows, armpits, upper lip and bikini line done. Everything worked well except the upper lip because it was thin non-coarse hair. Bikini area was extremely painful in my opinion, but hey, I guess anything zapping you in that area would be;)

I'm almost done with laser treatments to my face. It has changed my life and is the best money I ever spent. As you've read, yes its expensive and yes its painful (most people I know or have read about, including myself, would best describe it as the sensation of having a rubber band snapped against your skin.)

Its basically a stinging pain sensation but it doesn't linger. Once the treatment is over you will feel a little swelling and redness but no real discernable pain.

You will typically need at least 5 treatments depending on the area and the severity of the hair growth. Darker hair against lighter skin works best. Very important to remember is NO TANNING prior to or during the process. And I mean NO tanning. No fake tans, no sunless tanning, no beach tanning, no tanning beds, no sun or fake sun at all for almost a year. Each treatment will be spaced out between 4 to 8 weeks. Each treatment will remove approximately 20 to 25% of the actively growing hair.

Go for it. It's worth it!!!!

My hair lady said no tanning of any sort for 48 hours before and 48 hours after treatment. Maybe it's with all the different types of lasers? They essentially do the same thing, but because of wave frequencies they require different prep?

Archived