HELP! S.A.--Starboard or Port Side??

bzv143

We will be sailing from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires this Winter--for all of you who are on board right now or recently off--should I book a cabin on starboard or port side for the maximum views (esp. in the Chilean fiords), port arrivals/departures, etc.???

Thanks for any helpful info! :o

Just came off Infinity, same direction as yours. Was on starboard, told by cabin steward port side better, never bothered to go out to compare. Guess they know from having sailed through this umteen times.

Thanks, TAK2--and did you enjoy the view from Starboard? See any snow-capped peaks, penguins? When I did Mercury from Buenos Aires to Valpariaso, I had a cabin on port side, and was disappointed in the view--only saw a lot of small islands as we sailed through the fiords.

Definiely no penguins. I heard you have to take an anarctica cruise to be able to see them from the ship. Basically the view was as you described, we did have a 30 minute stop at a glacier where the captain turned around and both sides saw it.

i enjoyed my side of view, but that doesn't mean the port side wasn't better. If you have to favour a side, I would choose port for this direction.

If you are sailing from Valpariso then Port side is best. We sailed from Rio and were on Starboard and it was fabulous. We went to Antarctica and had the best views there and then when we went through the Chilean Fjords, again we were on the best side of the ship.

Jennie

We will be sailing from Valparaiso to Buenos Aires this Winter--for all of you who are on board right now or recently off--should I book a cabin on starboard or port side for the maximum views (esp. in the Chilean fiords), port arrivals/departures, etc.???

Thanks for any helpful info! :o

We had starboard in the opposite direction and it was great. So, port would be better for your cruise.

Archived