Wine Card On Noordam

Sybird

Can someone please tell us the cost of the wine card - and how many drinks one might get from one card? Does the price fluctuate with the length of the cruise?

There's a 10 glass card for $41.40 and a 20 glass card for $77.63. The prices include the 15% service charge.

I am leaving on the 2/28 Noordam next week and yesterday went on HAL site and ordered the 20 glass wine card for $77.63. If the card is delivered to you at sea there is no sale tax so I opted for this. I understand if delivered in Port there is applicable sales tax. I also was able to put it on my credit card. You can use the card in the Dining room and all over the ship except for room service. Not a bad deal. Includes your choice of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio,White Zinfandel and Sparkling Wine. There is also a 10 glass Wine Card for $41.40 and A Signature Cocktail Card. You receive 10 Cocktails for $64.69. IKE

When we were on the Noordam for the 01/27 sailing we purchased the wine cards. It worked really great. The only wine that was available on this sailing was two whites, the Chardonnay and the Pinot Grigio and for the red, a Merlot and I believe I had a rose once. There were no sparkling wine as part of the wine card. In the dining room I was able to have the Pinot Grigio but in the Vista or any of the other lounges only the Chardonnay and the Merlot were available. After 11 days I wished I had a bit of variety but it really wasn't that bad. I really enjoyed the Pinot Grigio the best. Interested to know if sparkling wine was available on other ships with the wine card.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We called HAL and were told that if you order the wine card(s) in advance, there will be no additional 15% added to the tab.. Any logic?

Sy

It's my understanding that the advance price includes the 15%. That is, it's $3.60 per pour times 10 times 1.15 = $41.40.

This is my first time purchasing the wine card from the Gift List on the Holland America Site. When I hit details for the Cocktails, it did not state what specific cocktails were included. I would think you would be able to get a martini as they are pretty common. Sorry I can't give you any more information. Have a Great Cruise! IKE

Archived