Loss of Michel Roux effect?

sexyaznboy

Not quite 1 week off of the Galaxy. Food was first rate! I had the nicest piece of Prime Rib that I have ever had on a ship, and it was one of the nicest pieces I have ever had anywhere! Food on the buffets was more than adequate, though I do report this not having used the buffets that much.

Blanco-Grande,

When I left the Century 3/15 it was the last night of the Roux menu in Muranos

Ah, you missed a rather important detail somewhere. Roux's contract with Celebrity does not end until 31 March, so any changes to menus this month are still his doing.

Norm.

Hey Norm, I guess I must have REALLY bad timing, my cruise leaves March 31st! I wonder if they have backup plans or are they going to use the same menus until they find someone new to replace him?

Blanco-Grande,

Ah, you missed a rather important detail somewhere. Roux's contract with Celebrity does not end until 31 March, so any changes to menus this month are still his doing.

Norm.

I think they can carry on using his menus and you will not see any change for some time. Even if and when they do hire a new "name" it will be months before the effects will be seen as the Executive Chefs would need to be trained and then the new menus cascaded out

sexyaznboy,

Hey Norm, I guess I must have REALLY bad timing, my cruise leaves March 31st! I wonder if they have backup plans or are they going to use the same menus until they find someone new to replace him?

The company's press release announcing the decision not to renew his contract stated explicitly that the compnay will NOT hire another celebrity (note little "c") chef to take his place. Rather, he will continue as a consultant for a transition period during which Celebrity (note capital "C") chefs, whom he personally trained over the past 15 years, are taking over the duties that he performed personally and he is stepping back to a more advisory role. In reality, this transition probably has been in process for at least a couple years and 31 March just marks the date when it's officially declared to have happened -- and even then, he won't be completely gone for another year or two.

Norm.

Archived